The Student Room Group

Which date for my driving test?

The two possible dates are as follows:

Tuesday at 11.20:
+the closest data available
+not a busy day for traffic
+Time to practise the day before
-I have school from 9-10 and then have to go back to school after. Which will throw me off a little

Friday at 10:20
+No school until 1pm, so no distractions before hand
+Early in the day to get it "done and over with"
-Friday 13th= bad luck
-Previous day I will be really busy and little time for last minute practise
-Friday may be a busier day for traffic?

Which date is best?
Reply 1
I’d go Friday I had mine in the afternoon and was so stressed before hand
Original post by OwlOfFire

Tuesday at 11.20:
-I have school from 9-10 and then have to go back to school after. Which will throw me off a little

-Friday 13th= bad luck

Which date is best?

10:20 seems like a good time, that's roughly the time I had my test. Around my area, towards 12:00, people go to the shops for their lunch and it becomes quite busy.

But, from what you've said: Tuesday sounds the best for you, as you'll get practice the day before :smile:
I'd go with the Friday. Always best to just go about the day leisurely beforehand, making sure you're nice and sharp. Having practice the day before doesn't make the blindest bit of difference IME, my first two tests I practised the day before and I failed them; the last test, I didn't drive for 2 weeks, jumped straight back in and passed with just 1 minor, felt really refreshed and focused and I drove almost perfectly in the hour before and during the test.
Both good times

I’d go with Friday if you could do a 2 hour lesson on the Wednesday. If not, do a Tuesday...maybe just pull a sickie on the day of the test.

Tuesday at 11.20:

-Friday 13th= bad luck

Which date is best?

DO TUESDAY!!! Just take the day of school, just say you're ill or something. Friday is a alright day and time, however the Tuesday one is an hour later and that means you can have an extra bit of sleep which is very important. Only downside is towards the end of your test you may come across people going for lunch etc. On monday you could do a 2 hour lesson and then 1 hour before you'r test so you aren't too tired for your test, but that way you can try and get any silly mistakes out the way. Also, on Friday, it will be abit busier as some people may have that day off, like usually at my college, most classes either have the Monday or Friday off. Some people may also book it off, not that Friday the 13th is exactly a special day, but for when people get the opportunity to, they usually tend to book off Fridays.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6

Tuesday at 11.20:

-Friday 13th= bad luck

Which date is best?

No such thing as bad luck, that isn't a factor. One less - to consider.
I still had to show up at work for a full shift after my test, try that for pressure lol. Pick either, you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending