The Student Room Group
Reply 1
oh ok, must be a different board

no, ours was on the development of robin hood airport

i prefered our moc, which was on rainforests, but i think mine went badly!

oh well, fingers crossed xx
Reply 2
Everyone in our year passed their DME, you'll do better than you think you have. I didn't think I'd done well and I got about 96% or something.
Reply 3
wow!

im really worried, cos my coursework was A*, and i think the geog exam will be ok, but i dont want the DME to bring it down

thanks for that, not feeling so bad now xxx
Reply 4
does anyone know where i could get notes on the population in bangladesh dme paper or 2003 past paper and marksheme?? xx
Reply 5
have you tried the exam board website, cos they usually have all of them on there?

xxxxx
Reply 6
Yeah... haha. My best exam to date, I got 120/120.

Basically, whatever option you choose, you need to put two reasons why, then put 1 reason against the other options, then put a disadvantage of your own option, then put an advantage for two of the options you turned down. Then write a small conc.

And btw, you don't have to remember the above, it tells you what to write in bullet points in the exam.
We are doing one on 4th June about whether to rebuild New Orleans or not after the hurricane. What a silly topic!
Reply 8
strawberry_princess
We are doing one on 4th June about whether to rebuild New Orleans or not after the hurricane. What a silly topic!

Rebuild New Orleans?

A* answer: nah cba...

:p:
Reply 9
Omg I do Geography DME-Edexcel B(Exam not taken)It was about new Orleans and how they should rebuild the city and what measurements they should put in place..
The whole paper is worth 60 marks and your choice is worth 10/12 marks our teacher told us..
Wedneday 4th June is the day for my DME..can't wait to get it over with..
Reply 10
Lasy year they got to decide what to do with bangaledesh's(Spelling bad sory) waste problem how easy..have you seen how thick that DME prep booklet is gees.Lasy years people got a 6 page booklet I was told..
Nayberay
Omg I do Geography DME-Edexcel B(Exam not taken)It was about new Orleans and how they should rebuild the city and what measurements they should put in place..
The whole paper is worth 60 marks and your choice is worth 10/12 marks our teacher told us..
Wedneday 4th June is the day for my DME..can't wait to get it over with..

I am also doing the edexcel B New Orleans DME as well... But my year have just missed like 5 weeks of school due to work experience,holidays and some company enterprise project. So we have hardly covered it.

Slightly scared = yes.
Reply 12
x.Charlotte
I am also doing the edexcel B New Orleans DME as well... But my year have just missed like 5 weeks of school due to work experience,holidays and some company enterprise project. So we have hardly covered it.

Slightly scared = yes.

Don't worry the DME is easy seriously I've been doing past paper DME'S..
You'll Be fine..just make notes on every page and annotations and if you need extra help PM me..
:biggrin:
Apparently the New Orleans DME is the hardest one our Geography teacher has ever seen. He says that it's more like an A-level DME. It does seem a lot more complicated than the mock, but it's interesting, and the only really annoying thing about it is that the four options at the end are dead similar. GRRRRR.
Reply 14
Yep, done my DME and i got 100% on it. I was astounded that I achieved FULL MARKS. But, its all down to my exams. (I did HIGHER TIER as well) wow!!! lol
Reply 15
which board when how
Reply 16
jj11
which board when how

Exam Board: OCR

Sometime in January or February (Can't remember exactly)

It was on the expansion of the Robin Hood Airport.

CANT BELIEVE SOME PEOPLE AINT DONE IT YET??

Latest