The Student Room Group

HELP! HYMS or Peninsula!

Hi, I am lucky enough to have two offers for medicine. :biggrin: One from HYMS and one from Peninsula. However making a choice isn't so easy! Especially as you don't know what site you will be on until you accept! I would be intrested to hear from anyone already attending or having visited any of the sites, Hull, York, Exeter or Plymouth. As i see it each site has its pros and cons but would be great to hear other people's opinions! Thanks!!!!!
Reply 1
I think you need to take advice from here with a pinch of salt. You shouldn't decide one way or the other simply because someone here had some good points. At the end of the day it is your decision and you need to work it out for yourself. If it was me I would visit all the sites, ask the current medical students (not one or two) about their site and ultimately try to imagine if you would fit in rather than if the school would fit you.
I had my HYMS interview at Hull and I though the site was pile of *****. It was my first interview and took it as a practice for my Manchester and St. George's. I didn't care whether I get in or not because after the tour I knew that I wouldn't be happy studying at Hull or York (especially Hull).

P.S. Please don't double post.
aapl
I had my HYMS interview at Hull and I though the site was pile of *****. It was my first interview and took it as a practice for my Manchester and St. George's. I didn't care whether I get in or not because after the tour I knew that I wouldn't be happy studying at Hull or York (especially Hull).

P.S. Please don't double post.

Heh, guess getting rejected by them wasn't too upsetting for you then!

To the OP, I don't know peninsula at all, so simply weigh up the pros and cons of both :smile:
Reply 3
I am not not saying that HYMS is a bad medical school. I just didn't like it. It was good that I didn't get an offer from them because I wouldn't have taken the offer since I already had one from George's and it gave somebody else a chance to get into a medical school.
^^^Nono, I wasn't saying you were! It's fine that you didnt like it. I felt the same about Kings when I went there. It's all just a matter of preference I guess!

Latest

Trending

Trending