The Student Room Group

Favourite and least favourite premier league teams

Who do you support and who are your favourite (other than your club) and least favourite premier league team?

Also what teams would you prefer to be relegated and like to be promoted into the premier league?

Can't really ask who you want to win because city basically already have, but who would you like to get the champions league spots too?

This is all just because I'm interested in what people think especially about favourite and least favourite teams.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh and please explain why. Don't have to but would be cool to hear people's reasons as well
Moved to football, hopefully you will get some responses there :smile:
Support: Tottenham

Otherwise like: No-one in particular, admire Bournemouth and Huddersfield's rise through the ranks I suppose.

Rivals: Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham

Otherwise dislike: Southampton (delusions of grandeur)
Original post by rockrunride

Otherwise like: No-one in particular, admire Bournemouth and Huddersfield's rise through the ranks I suppose.

Rivals: Arsenal, Chelsea, BURNLEY

West Ham are in 17th mate.

Also:
Favourite: Chelsea. I like how they (at least used to) strike a balance between defending and attacking.
Otherwise: Bournemouth, Everton.
Rivals: Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal.
Dislike: Man Utd (Alex Ferguson took a little something away on his way out, can't put my finger on it)
(edited 6 years ago)
Support: Liverpool
Obvious rivals: Everton and Man Utd

Soft spot: Wenger but have disliked Arsenal fans on this forum over the years. Otherwise it's just former players or managers e.g. Rafa at Newcastle
Dislike: Chelsea (just never took to Mourinho or their fans), any club that Woy Hodgson is managing, West Ham (because of their awful owners)
Support: Manchester United
Hate: Liverpool and City obviously

I like Bournemouth. They’ve come through the leagues and cemented their place in the PL. Great job by Howe.
Dislike: Arsenal because of their fans who think they’re owed the premier league, champions league, la liga, serie A and the World Cup.
Support: Liverpool
Hate: Man U and Everton (obvs)

Soft spot: Spurs as a large corner of my family are fans, but that can very quickly turn to dislike! Also Brighton as I've been quite impressed with them the last couple of seasons.
Dislike: Chelsea and West Ham. Just because.
Reply 8
I forgot to say who I like and dislike.

I like: Southampton, Crystal Palace (I'm not sure why, everyone seems to dislike them a bit and think they are tinpot but there's always been something I quite like about them) and Watford and Bournemouth.

Dislike: West Ham, Liverpool and Manchester United.
As with the rest of the top 6 I don't mind any of them so for champions league spots I would always go with spurs, arsenal, chelsea and city only because I don't really like united and liverpool and other teams aren't likely to get it.

Edit: I said I don't mind arsenal which I still feel but it is getting annoying how their fans think everything is so bad for them at the moment. Their still in the top 6 teams in the country and there are much worse things that they have never experienced. Just think of Coventry or Leyton orient or any team that has been on the verge of liquidation. Things can be a lot worse. A lot of fans don't even know what it's like to be relegated ffs
(edited 6 years ago)
Like: Leicester

Dislike: the rest. Burnley would be fine except Sean Dyche is a whiny worm eating jizz rag, Arsenal are cringeworthy, Man City have gotten really up themselves, Chelsea are a bunch of whining cheats, Man Utd have got the arrogance of assumed aristocracy, as have Liverpool. West Ham have delusions of long past glory that wasn't even theirs (you didn't win the World Cup lads), Bournemouth are annoying little liars who genuinely do spend well beyond their means (wage budget three times turn over when they were promoted) and pretend to be these underdogs.
Reply 10
Original post by rockrunride

Rivals: Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham

I always thought Southampton were a team most people quite liked. I thought a lot of people admired their ability to do well in the league despite losing vital players. I'm sure there was a saying at one point that they are everyone's second team.
Maybe it is because in the last 4 years or so they have had top 8 finishes so have become a threat in the league as well as cups with the league cup final last year and they've got fa cup semis. I think this could also be part of the reason so many people have been saying they like bournemouth. They are still new to the league and haven't really been much of a threat to the top sides or done anything to be hated (maybe after a cup win or something they might be hated a little) whereas southampton started to establish a place in the top 8 so teams felt threatened by them. Maybe this is where the delusion has come from as they think they could challenge the top teams. Fortunately all teams have delusional fans and I think it is a minority of fans. Unfortunately they're always the ones with the big mouths so that's all you hear and never hear someone reasonable talking haha. That's just my views. Maybe this season will halt the delusion a bit. Doubt they will get relegated though. Been a very poor season from them but their team are far too good to go down and they need a good manager. Pellegrino seemed aqful and think the board made bad decisions too.
Reply 11
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Like: Leicester

Dislike: the rest. Burnley would be fine except Sean Dyche is a whiny worm eating jizz rag, Arsenal are cringeworthy, Man City have gotten really up themselves, Chelsea are a bunch of whining cheats, Man Utd have got the arrogance of assumed aristocracy, as have Liverpool. West Ham have delusions of long past glory that wasn't even theirs (you didn't win the World Cup lads), Bournemouth are annoying little liars who genuinely do spend well beyond their means (wage budget three times turn over when they were promoted) and pretend to be these underdogs.

Man city may be arrogant but they have a reason to be hahaha. They're running away with the league, it seems annoying to other fans but everyone else would be the same if their team is in their situation
I like Spurs. No reason not to and they've got a good team, good young manager and play decent football.
Reply 13
Original post by Wilfred Little
I like Spurs. No reason not to and they've got a good team, good young manager and play decent football.

I'm the same. I love pochettino and he's a very good manager. That's pretty much the only reason I like them. Oh and Christian Eriksen

Too much diving and Poch encourages his players to do it.
Original post by Zerforax
Too much diving and Poch encourages his players to do it.

All teams do it tbf.
Favourite:

Liverpool :lfc: :lfc2: - I support them, duh

Other than Liverpool, I like Brighton and Bournemouth for some reason

Least 'favourite' :rofl:

Man United - I mean, I dont need to explain this one
Everton - Same again, no need to explain
Chelsea - ew
Tottenham - Just have never been sable to stand them, even when they were rubbish. I have no idea why
(edited 6 years ago)
All teams do it tbf.

Feels like this current Klopp team does it less. Although maybe I have selective memory..
Reply 18
Don’t get the Chelsea hate.

We’re probably the most humble, down to earth, respectful and passionate fans out there.
Original post by S.G.
Don’t get the Chelsea hate.

We’re probably the most humble, down to earth, respectful and passionate fans out there.

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest