The Student Room Group

How to revise for my exams, I need help.

Hi, I’m in year 11 and I’m struggling to revise for my exams that start 15TH of May. I have my art exam in just over two weeks, but I don’t know how to revise for my English, maths, geography, science exams. When I come to revising i lose my concentration to revise. I’m just wondering if anyone has any tips as to how to revise thanks
I have an app called forest that stops me from going on my phone and rewards by actually planting a tree in real life when you get a certain amount of hours. Also don’t revise in one big chunk - then you’ll get bored. Everyone I know tends to revise for 2 hours then have a break and then continue revising. What have you tried revision wise?
Original post by Prittstick99
I have an app called forest that stops me from going on my phone and rewards by actually planting a tree in real life when you get a certain amount of hours. Also don’t revise in one big chunk - then you’ll get bored. Everyone I know tends to revise for 2 hours then have a break and then continue revising. What have you tried revision wise?

I just in general struggle to revise when I’m at home or when I’m i have free lessons in school in school, I will try the app. Thanks
Try and get rid of the distractions I suppose. So at school, put your headphones in and sit away from people who will distract you from your work.
At home, try the reward system. Say after each chapter you do you have some chocolate or do something that you enjoy. That way you have to finish the chapter and get more work done.
For actual revision most people will say do practice questions and revision cards or mind maps help :smile:
The only problem with revising at home for me is the fact I have my family to distract me. At school I don’t really have any distractions, we’re not allowed headphones in my school. At school I feel like I don’t get distracted is because I have someone showing me ways how to revise and help me with revision.

Quick Reply

Latest