The Student Room Group

Gcse revision Easter break????

Hey guys so It’s already the 4th day of Easter break and I’ve hardly done any revision! I feel so bad but I’ve been at my cousins and it’s really impossible to revise with kids screaming at you. I’m back home now and I wanna start revising tomorrow but I wanna make it as enjoyable as possible 😂 does anyone have any good useful/effective tips I do flash cards btw

Scroll to see replies

revision is always boring lol but I've never tried to make it fun cuz I cba maybe be creative with you flash cards like make them colourful and draw diagrams and u k that artsy stuff (look who's talking I should be doing this too ahhh)
Original post by Aleshadavis2611
Hey guys so It’s already the 4th day of Easter break and I’ve hardly done any revision! I feel so bad but I’ve been at my cousins and it’s really impossible to revise with kids screaming at you. I’m back home now and I wanna start revising tomorrow but I wanna make it as enjoyable as possible 😂 does anyone have any good useful/effective tips I do flash cards btw

If this makes you feel any better... I’m into my second week of Easter break and the only revision I’ve done is 2 physics topics and a bit on poetry for English. I’m stressing out so much but feel relaxed at the same time. Feels weird but I’m deffo gna regret it in 6 weeks time 😱😓
Original post by Maryam_24
If this makes you feel any better... I’m into my second week of Easter break and the only revision I’ve done is 2 physics topics and a bit on poetry for English. I’m stressing out so much but feel relaxed at the same time. Feels weird but I’m deffo gna regret it in 6 weeks time 😱😓

Haha oh god!! Watch me still revise loads and fail still😂😂
Original post by Zahra_2001
revision is always boring lol but I've never tried to make it fun cuz I cba maybe be creative with you flash cards like make them colourful and draw diagrams and u k that artsy stuff (look who's talking I should be doing this too ahhh)

Haha yeah guess so I just hope it sticks in my head!!! I’m stressing for English lang mainly good luck xx
Haha oh god!! Watch me still revise loads and fail still😂😂

Lol I’m sure u won’t
Lol I’m sure u won’t

It’s just English language im gonna fail
It’s just English language im gonna fail

Haha same. English in general has always been my weakest 🤦🏽*♀️
Haha same. English in general has always been my weakest 🤦🏽*♀️

Omg yes I hate it!!! I got a 3 in my language for my mocks and I’ve been told GREAT NEWS(not) that for english language apperantly the boundaries gonna go up in like great there goes my Ticket to getting into sixth form
Reply 9
To the person who is reading this,

REVISE BRO. I HAVE DONE LITTLE REVISION AND I AM FREAKING OUT OH LORD HELP ME.

I am aiming for all 7's or above but in my recent mocks, I got terrible grades for maybe more than half of all the subjects I took. I regret revising, and now I'm trying to cram all this info. But it's not working, possibly because I keep watching shows and procrastinating.

SOMEONE PLEASE MOTIVATE MEE
Original post by gothai7
To the person who is reading this,

REVISE BRO. I HAVE DONE LITTLE REVISION AND I AM FREAKING OUT OH LORD HELP ME.

I am aiming for all 7's or above but in my recent mocks, I got terrible grades for maybe more than half of all the subjects I took. I regret revising, and now I'm trying to cram all this info. But it's not working, possibly because I keep watching shows and procrastinating.

SOMEONE PLEASE MOTIVATE MEE

Ok ok same I would get a grade 9 in procrastination!!!!!!! But let’s make a pact TOMORROW WE GONNA START we’re gonna get a good sleep wake up at 10am (earlier if u want I ljke my sleep lol) have a good breakfast! Put all electronics away in another room or anything that you know will tempt you to go on it! (What I like to do is set a timer for 1 hour only and do one subject keep my phone on the other side and when the timer goes off have a break!!! Watch the show u like!! Eat!! And simply when ur ready again pick another subject and do another hour!! CMON GET THOSE GRADE 7’s what did u get in ur mocks can’t be as bad as mine
Haha yeah guess so I just hope it sticks in my head!!! I’m stressing for English lang mainly good luck xx

yh I mean for English language it's mostly about luck (if the sources are easy or not and if u understand them) also if you're good at Q5 then you will do well. I'm stressing mostly about poetry (can't remember them in the exam) also history cuz there is loads of content and a bit for science cuz I have to teach myself cuz my teacher can't teach. anywyas u too good luck!
Original post by Zahra_2001
yh I mean for English language it's mostly about luck (if the sources are easy or not and if u understand them) also if you're good at Q5 then you will do well. I'm stressing mostly about poetry (can't remember them in the exam) also history cuz there is loads of content and a bit for science cuz I have to teach myself cuz my teacher can't teach. anywyas u too good luck!

Omg yes you’re so right!!! Well the most I’ve gotten on Q5 is 20 marks😂 oh my god don’t even get me started on History i wish I never took it, but just keep doing flash cards it will refresh ur memory on it do you do the Warfare unit???? And Yh for science I just watch “science with hazel” on YouTube and write flash cards and I think later i’ll Do past papers and for poetry I’m not the best but I got a grade 7 in my last test. I would say pick one poem e.g “my last duchess” and let’s compare that to “ozymandias” get a flash card write the name of them both on ur wall and then find online an example answer on them both and copy it out and stick it on ur wall and then read it whenever you want. I did this for “War photographer and “remains” and that poem came up in my mock and I was so relieved because I had already done a exam answer on it!
Omg yes I hate it!!! I got a 3 in my language for my mocks and I’ve been told GREAT NEWS(not) that for english language apperantly the boundaries gonna go up in like great there goes my Ticket to getting into sixth form

Tell me about it. I got all 6s, 7s and 8s in my mocks but for Eng Lang I got a 4. I need at least at least 6 for sixth form and I’m having a mental breakdown. (Hope you do well btw 🤞🏻)
To make it less boring, try some websites such as Quizzlet and Seneca Learning - they are free!
Quizzlet is mostly multiple choice question but www.senecalearning.com has videos, gifs, images, diagrams and everything else.
Also some youtube revision videos are actually fun to watch!
Omg yes you’re so right!!! Well the most I’ve gotten on Q5 is 20 marks😂 oh my god don’t even get me started on History i wish I never took it, but just keep doing flash cards it will refresh ur memory on it do you do the Warfare unit???? And Yh for science I just watch “science with hazel” on YouTube and write flash cards and I think later i’ll Do past papers and for poetry I’m not the best but I got a grade 7 in my last test. I would say pick one poem e.g “my last duchess” and let’s compare that to “ozymandias” get a flash card write the name of them both on ur wall and then find online an example answer on them both and copy it out and stick it on ur wall and then read it whenever you want. I did this for “War photographer and “remains” and that poem came up in my mock and I was so relieved because I had already done a exam answer on it!

omg you're so good in poetry! I guess I need to focus more on it cuz I always leave it to the end and I want to do literature for a levels. I suggest watching Mr bruff for English also I'm good in q5 so I usually do well
for history I love it but there is too much I also want to do it for a levels. But the thing is I do the wjec eduqas exam board and there aren't any resources or practice papers for it I've only found one for each unit also there aren't videos for it. and no I don't do the warfare unit I do medicine through time, Germany in transition, the development of the USA and Elizabeth
for science I watch primrose kitten she's sooo good and use the cgp revision book
(edited 6 years ago)
Maybe its better to revise closer to your exams as everything will be fresh in your mind :smile:
Original post by LarissaAlves
To make it less boring, try some websites such as Quizzlet and Seneca Learning - they are free!
Quizzlet is mostly multiple choice question but www.senecalearning.com has videos, gifs, images, diagrams and everything else.
Also some youtube revision videos are actually fun to watch!

Thank you I’m gonna give the seneca one a go to test my memory!!! Does it help you??
Thank you I’m gonna give the seneca one a go to test my memory!!! Does it help you??

I think it's very good and they have more than 10 thousand users, so I guess lots of other people like it too.
Ok ok same I would get a grade 9 in procrastination!!!!!!! But let’s make a pact TOMORROW WE GONNA START we’re gonna get a good sleep wake up at 10am (earlier if u want I ljke my sleep lol) have a good breakfast! Put all electronics away in another room or anything that you know will tempt you to go on it! (What I like to do is set a timer for 1 hour only and do one subject keep my phone on the other side and when the timer goes off have a break!!! Watch the show u like!! Eat!! And simply when ur ready again pick another subject and do another hour!! CMON GET THOSE GRADE 7’s what did u get in ur mocks can’t be as bad as mine

Well, i got an 8 in Maths and Food tech, 7 in bio, chem, english lit, 6 in physics. Here come the crappy ones: 5 in history and english language, 4 in german and a TWO in Religion. I think i can get 7's in history and english language (i just need to work on time management) but i have no clue what im going to do for RE and german. I didnt revise these subjects for my mock and i cant be asked for the real thing but i cant get two's oh my that would look disgusting next to hopefully 7's.

Also, lol my mum's going to wake me up at 7.

Quick Reply

Latest