The Student Room Group

intensive revision

basically, im a bit dumb lmao so ive just properly started revising
i have no notes
and i wanna do intensive revision, 8-9 hours a day
how to i go about this without getting sidetracked?
find some notes on TSR. thay have notes for topics you may have covered in certain subjects
real **** your in the same boat as me.
Strict discipline. Its hard but we gotta do what we gotta do. Sad times when everyone expects highly of me

I might start a GYG blog because then everything will be centred around revision, and (even though people won't probably see it) it makes me uncomfortable knowing public ally that i'm not revising.
But, i mean, chances are i'm just gonna flop and hop on other threads and procrastinate for a good 2 hours
Original post by mc_miah
real **** your in the same boat as me.
Strict discipline. Its hard but we gotta do what we gotta do. Sad times when everyone expects highly of me

I might start a GYG blog because then everything will be centred around revision, and (even though people won't probably see it) it makes me uncomfortable knowing public ally that i'm not revising.
But, i mean, chances are i'm just gonna flop and hop on other threads and procrastinate for a good 2 hours

why are you actually me lmaooo so much of my time goes on here whilst im not even chatting or replying to anything
was gonna do a gyg but rt i do nothing but complain sooo
and yeahhh, everyone expects so much but im so so scared im gonna flop. family thinks i started revising months ago, gonna be very nice when im walking out of results day with 4's

how many hours you wanna do a day?
Original post by YouAreAYute
why are you actually me lmaooo so much of my time goes on here whilst im not even chatting or replying to anything
was gonna do a gyg but rt i do nothing but complain sooo
and yeahhh, everyone expects so much but im so so scared im gonna flop. family thinks i started revising months ago, gonna be very nice when im walking out of results day with 4's

how many hours you wanna do a day?

I generally revise from 9am till 10pm.....

AHHahHAhaHAHahHAha lol do i ****s.

Realistically, I only revise 4 hours a day. The experts say 7. Most of my friends do 7+ but I go to a grammar school so that's probably expected of these.
why am I like this :bawling:
Original post by mc_miah
I generally revise from 9am till 10pm.....

AHHahHAhaHAHahHAha lol do i ****s.

Realistically, I only revise 4 hours a day. The experts say 7. Most of my friends do 7+ but I go to a grammar school so that's probably expected of these.
why am I like this :bawling:

genuinely I have never related to anyone more
im tryna do 8 a day but it’s looking like a mission smhhh
if you want we can do it together, like motivate each other and tell each other how long we worked for and what we did at the end of the day
and hopefully together we’ll fix up and impress our Asian families lmao
genuinely I have never related to anyone more
im tryna do 8 a day but it’s looking like a mission smhhh
if you want we can do it together, like motivate each other and tell each other how long we worked for and what we did at the end of the day
and hopefully together we’ll fix up and impress our Asian families lmao

Ahaha loool I'm down.
On a level though the days seem to fly by. Imma sort myself out starting from tmw because rn is too hard and i'm doing coursework anyways
Original post by mc_miah
Ahaha loool I'm down.
On a level though the days seem to fly by. Imma sort myself out starting from tmw because rn is too hard and i'm doing coursework anyways

calmmm I’ll pm you
and yeahhh I’m making a timetable, figuring out what I wanna get done by end of Easter and gonna try seriously seriously working through it
basically, im a bit dumb lmao so ive just properly started revising
i have no notes
and i wanna do intensive revision, 8-9 hours a day
how to i go about this without getting sidetracked?

stop right now thank you very much

8-9 hours is not effective revision and you are going to burn out. Do an hour each with 30 minute breaks if you want to do any revision but a long 8-9 will help you learn nothing
Original post by lydiarutharnold
stop right now thank you very much

8-9 hours is not effective revision and you are going to burn out. Do an hour each with 30 minute breaks if you want to do any revision but a long 8-9 will help you learn nothing

i feel like if i wanna catch up I have to lool, not 8 hours straight tho no no
i feel like if i wanna catch up I have to lool, not 8 hours straight tho no no

ah okay do it in lil chunks tho and take regular breaks okay take care of yourself
Original post by lydiarutharnold
ah okay do it in lil chunks tho and take regular breaks okay take care of yourself

:wink: thank youu
:wink: thank youu

you’re welcome :smile:
After 4 hours a day, your cognition starts to decline, which means for every additional hour you revise, you start seeing diminishing returns as your focus wanes. 4 hours also takes a bit of training to get to. Most people can't do an hour of deep work.

6 hours is probably the maximum you can go but that is if you have trained yourself to focus that long, which can take a few years. You'll probably learn more in the first hour of revision than in the last 5 hours if you do a 9 hour revision day.
Original post by S-man10
After 4 hours a day, your cognition starts to decline, which means for every additional hour you revise, you start seeing diminishing returns as your focus wanes. 4 hours also takes a bit of training to get to. Most people can't do an hour of deep work.

6 hours is probably the maximum you can go but that is if you have trained yourself to focus that long, which can take a few years. You'll probably learn more in the first hour of revision than in the last 5 hours if you do a 9 hour revision day.

yikez, I’ve planned to do about an hour and a half for each subject then take half an hour break, will I not be able to handle that?
yikez, I’ve planned to do about an hour and a half for each subject then take half an hour break, will I not be able to handle that?

Try it and track it
BBC news says to revise 7 hours per day 😩 I can’t do it and I have GCSEs in a month
Original post by bluemuffin
BBC news says to revise 7 hours per day 😩 I can’t do it and I have GCSEs in a month

i feel you, i can just about handle one lmao
Reply 18
half an hour sessions of flashcards or mind maps or whatever, then test yourself with questions. But it depends on the subjects you want to focus on though.

Quick Reply

Latest