The Student Room Group

How do I get my ass to revise?

I'm in Year 11 and have my GCSEs coming up really soon. My first one (art) is in two weeks and I'm not even nearly halfway through my coursework, but I'm more worried about my other exams (triple science, english, maths, history). I haven't been able to get myself to revise and I just procrastinate all the time.
I just literally can't be arsed and by the time I find myself giving a **** it's like 3am, and obviously I'm not going to revise at that time. I'm getting really panicked about the lack of revision and I always regret not revising for an exam.
In terms of grades, I'm confident I can get at least grade 5/6 for all my exams without revision, but I'm aiming for mostly 8s (and 9s if I dream hard enough).
So you guys got any tips for my lazy ass? :colondollar:
Reply 1
get your ass to the library it got me revising and i was in the same situation
Reply 2
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fugg Is It Hard To Revise Hahahaha Just Walk To The Library And Sit Down Like Just Open Your Books Haha
I’m 100% you. :frown: I need help ass well
I don't think they let donkeys sit exams; So if I were you I'd leave your ass out of it, and do your revision yourself.
You don't
Reply 6
Original post by ay_shayy
I'm in Year 11 and have my GCSEs coming up really soon. My first one (art) is in two weeks and I'm not even nearly halfway through my coursework, but I'm more worried about my other exams (triple science, english, maths, history). I haven't been able to get myself to revise and I just procrastinate all the time.
I just literally can't be arsed and by the time I find myself giving a **** it's like 3am, and obviously I'm not going to revise at that time. I'm getting really panicked about the lack of revision and I always regret not revising for an exam.
In terms of grades, I'm confident I can get at least grade 5/6 for all my exams without revision, but I'm aiming for mostly 8s (and 9s if I dream hard enough).
So you guys got any tips for my lazy ass? :colondollar:

Get yourself in a library, it really helps!
You have the task at hand and you look weird just staring into space avoiding it.
Reply 7
Sometimes scaring yourself just a little bit helps (not too much or it's overwhelming). Think about how much better it would be to get those and 8s instead of 5s if you don't revise.
Break up those subjects and big tasks into smaller ones. Like for triple science, break it into topics and make a poster, cheat sheet, or however you like to revise. Work out that you need to do for example, 1 topic a day until your exam to be finished on time. You can do some art coursework plus one topic of something, it not too intense
You just have to force yourself. The more you think about it the worse the procrastination gets. Just grab your papers/textbooks/pens and just start on anything (probably not at 3am though lol). Doing something is better than nothing! Doing a even little bit each day of your art coursework for a week will get you closer to finishing that doing nothing
Remember, you get a long break in the summer. After all your hard work, the exams will be over and you can relax. You can do this :smile:
Reply 8
I find it most useful to make a revision timetable. By making a schedule of what I need to achieve in a day, or a morning, it seems less overwhelming. and if i don't do what I'm supposed to have done I feel really worried and behind, so it makes me more determined to do what I've put on the timetable!
For focus, I use Forest app. It means you can't use your phone for the length of time you set on it . this useful, because you can set yourself shorts bursts of time (maybe 30 mins) when you have to concentrate and then when the time's up you can have a short break and go on your phone..
Also there are some revision sites which are quote game like but also help you revise massively. I find these more motivatiing and make revision less bad. The one i like most at the moment is Seneca Learning - it has most subjects and is really helpful but not boring :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by DoNotDivideBy0
I don't think they let donkeys sit exams; So if I were you I'd leave your ass out of it, and do your revision yourself.

:lol::rofl3:
I think a donkey could perform better at my GCSEs than I could
This type of ass is hard to change
Reply 11
Original post by MimiElf
I find it most useful to make a revision timetable. By making a schedule of what I need to achieve in a day, or a morning, it seems less overwhelming. and if i don't do what I'm supposed to have done I feel really worried and behind, so it makes me more determined to do what I've put on the timetable!
For focus, I use Forest app. It means you can't use your phone for the length of time you set on it . this useful, because you can set yourself shorts bursts of time (maybe 30 mins) when you have to concentrate and then when the time's up you can have a short break and go on your phone..
Also there are some revision sites which are quote game like but also help you revise massively. I find these more motivatiing and make revision less bad. The one i like most at the moment is Seneca Learning - it has most subjects and is really helpful but not boring :smile:

Thanks! Will definitely check that out

Quick Reply

Latest