The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
NDGAARONDI
I'll have to weigh up my options nearer to the time, especially as I am waiting on two more universities. Here's a reply to an email I sent though:
College is usually completed closed from 12 noon on the day before Good Friday until 9.00 day after Easter Monday, so you would not be allowed to occupy your room during that time. You would of course be able to leave everything in your room and return after the closure period.

damn... I've not been told this. I assumed we could completely stay over Easter. I'm coming back from Lourdes on Maundy Thursday, and was intending to stay in college overnight on the Thursday, and then probably go home on Friday (Possibly staying an extra night and going home on the Friday). I've even sent them an e-mail telling them this, and haven't had a reply saying it's not possible. :s-smilie:
Most uni's you're allowed to stay at easter and Christmas. Your not during the summer holidays unless you have a longer tenancy i.e 49 -50 weeks. but if your tenancy is 39 weeks or longer you're entitled to stay for the easter and Christmas break as you'll be paying rent for those weeks.
Reply 22
What about a 42 week contract? The 10 other weeks would be th summer holidays, surely?
Reply 23
Original post by Joey_B
What about a 42 week contract? The 10 other weeks would be th summer holidays, surely?

Don't bump old threads

Latest

Trending

Trending