The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University (NCL) Accommodation chat thread and FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eng1993
Are the university accommodations non-smoking facilities?

Hi Eng1993,

Smoking (including the use of e-cigarettes) is prohibited in all University accommodation and is only permitted in external designated smoking areas (details of locations are available from accommodation receptions).

Hope this helps 😊
Susie
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi monkey-cow,

Yes, the £500 is for both undergraduate and postgraduate accommodation. You can find more information here: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/accommodation/rent-payments/

Hope this helps 😊
Susie

Hi again monkey-cow,

Whoops, my mistake! The £500 is only required for postgraduate accommodation applications (the link above still has the correct details). Apologies for the confusion!

Susie 😊
Hi Cem,

The Student Housing Company have just refurbished a brand new common area and gym in our accommodation Knoll Court.

It is located within walking distance to both Northumbria and Newcastle Universities with rooms starting as low as £96.00 per week including bills.

We have a post graduate and final year block and if requested we can accommodate you in a post grad only flat!

Take a look at our website to find out more information regarding our accommodation and the amazing things it has to offer;

http://thestudenthousingcompany.com/locations/newcastle/knoll-court/

If you have any further questions or wish to book a viewing please do not hesitate to get in contact with us!

We hope to see you in September.

Knoll Court :smile:!
If I wanted to swap accommodation with someone would it be possible? Or possible to change my accommodation?

I originally wanted Park View Village and was fortunate enough to get it, but now realise I’d have much preferred Leazes. Is there anything I can do?
Hi I am an International student studying PhD at Newcastle University. I am looking for flatmates for a potential house share. This is my 4th week and I will be available by 1st of September. If you are interested you can mail me. thanks
Original post by prygpp
Hey! I might be of assistance. I have a room at Verde on the 8th floor and i need someone to take over as I want to move in with my friend this September. Verde is really nice. Its got a gym, cinema room, games room, and a huge laundry room. Its literally less than 1 minute walk to the NU business school and about 8-10 mins to the main campus. The only rooms left at Verde are either on ground 0 or 1 if you were interested. Message me if you'd like to know more. Cheers!

How much per month?
Original post by Cem.
Hi,

i am an international student and will be studying in a postgraduate programme this year. i m checking out the accommodation options right now and i'm open the suggestions. Uni provides university-managed accommodation for new postgraduate students and international students which is why i'm looking for university-managed accommodations.
Do you have any recommendations? it could be privet ones too if the conditions and costs are reasinable. i can find the accommodation overview and see the general trades but i'm looking for recommendations from fellow students who know the city and maybe stayed this places.

Thank you for your help.

Hi! I am a current student at Newcastle and I know halls can be really noisy as it is mostly freshers living there. I would recommend going straight in to private housing- I know of a room for sale in Jesmond (the area where pretty much everyone not in first year lives) that is £75 per week excluding bills and really close to the metro, message me if youre interested :smile: x
Original post by intbizoil
Hi I am an International student studying PhD at Newcastle University. I am looking for flatmates for a potential house share. This is my 4th week and I will be available by 1st of September. If you are interested you can mail me. thanks

Hi! I am a current student at Newcastle and I know halls can be really noisy as it is mostly freshers living there. I would recommend going straight in to private housing- I know of a room for sale in Jesmond (the area where pretty much everyone not in first year lives) that is £75 per week excluding bills and really close to the metro, message me if youre interested x
Original post by uwotuwot
If I wanted to swap accommodation with someone would it be possible? Or possible to change my accommodation?

I originally wanted Park View Village and was fortunate enough to get it, but now realise I’d have much preferred Leazes. Is there anything I can do?

Hey uwotuwot,

If you PM me your full name and email address I'll pass it on to our accommodation team to look into for you :smile:

Hope this helps,

Susie
Original post by WhiteBlueBell
I read that accommodation offers will be going out early July firstly for unconditional offer holders then conditional offer holders. What is the period of time to accept the offer. My concern is we'll be on holiday and may miss the email. Though hopefully not :smile:

Hello,

Have you thought about reserving a room in private accommodation?
Student Roost in Newcastle allow you to create an application and reserve a room for up to 3 days whilst you decide what your plans are...

Visit https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/newcastle

Or contact us:smile:

Thanks
Tegan
Hi, do not worry about not having sorted accommodation yet! Here at Knoll Court we still have some rooms available for as little as £96 per week. We are located just a 2 minute walk from Northumbria Business school and just 5 minutes from the city campus. We have recently had a refurbishment and now have an onsite common room, gym and private study areas. If you are interested in seeing the rooms take a look on our website and if you have any questions drop us a message on our live chat.
http://thestudenthousingcompany.com/...e/knoll-court/
We would be delighted to have you here! Best of luck, KC Team !
Original post by Cem.
Hi,

i am an international student and will be studying in a postgraduate programme this year. i m checking out the accommodation options right now and i'm open the suggestions. Uni provides university-managed accommodation for new postgraduate students and international students which is why i'm looking for university-managed accommodations.
Do you have any recommendations? it could be privet ones too if the conditions and costs are reasinable. i can find the accommodation overview and see the general trades but i'm looking for recommendations from fellow students who know the city and maybe stayed this places.

Thank you for your help.

Hello, have you considered Student Roost Newcastle?
We offer 3 different properties, all of which cater for student living in the city. We provide a fun and thriving social calendar for all students, contents insurance and bills (no need to argue about who has paid their bills). Check out our properties - https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/newcastle

Send us a message to chat:smile:
Thanks, Tegan
Original post by christinayiebiyo
Hello, I am an international student from Canada and will be studying pharmacy in Newcastle this September! any tips on selecting accommodation near the campus (preferably walking distance)?

Hi Christina, have you you considered Student Roost Newcastle?
We offer 3 different properties, all of which cater for students living in the city. All properties are within walking distance to Newcastle university.

We have a great variety of students from lots of different places in the world studying a huge range of courses - we provide a fun and thriving social calendar so everyone can socialize.

Check out our properties - https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/newcastle

Send us a message to find out more!

Thanks, Tegan
Original post by monkey-cow
Is the application fee £500 required for both undergraduate and postgraduate offer holders?

Hi, have you considered Student Roost Newcastle?
We take a £250 application fee and this is returned to you once you check out. The booking process is really easy, you can also reserve a room for up to 3 days with no financial contribution...

Check out our properties - https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/newcastle

Send us a message for more information.

Thanks, Tegan
Original post by Newcastle University

Hello again,
When will unconditional offer holders with an accommodation offer be allowed to accept their offer? All I currently see on the accommodation page for NCL is

Your Contract

Offers of Accommodation are currently closed.
Hi,
I got my accommodation offer of an ensuite at Castle Leazes, and was wondering when I’d found out what building in Leazes I’d be in? As well as like flat number, room etc.
Thank you!
Hello again,
When will unconditional offer holders with an accommodation offer be allowed to accept their offer? All I currently see on the accommodation page for NCL is

Your Contract

Offers of Accommodation are currently closed.

Hi uwotuwot,

Our accommodation team have advised that if you have been made an offer and are waiting to accept, you will hear from us again via email by the end of August.

Hope this helps 😊

Susie
Original post by doolydooly
Hi,
I got my accommodation offer of an ensuite at Castle Leazes, and was wondering when I’d found out what building in Leazes I’d be in? As well as like flat number, room etc.
Thank you!

Hey doolydooly,

You'll receive another email update from our accommodation team toward the end of August. This will include your invite to accept your offer, as well as the specifics such as flat/room number.

Hope this helps :smile:

Susie
Hi there,

i have provisionally been allocated to St Mary’s which is NOT one of my 6 choices at all I applied to all en suite not wash basin and that far out. I’m supposedly on a priority list to change accommodation. I am NOT going to accept my offer if that’s the only accommodation I can get as it is none of my 6 and is really far out from the uni. I was wondering if there is anyway anybody has got Park View Village and wanted to swap accommodation or knows of anybody who doesn’t want to be in Park View Village? If not is there anyway I can be put into one of my 6 other choices of accommodation otherwise I will not be coming this September which is NOT what I had planned for :frown:

hi, i would be really interested in swapping with you, i have a wash basin room at st mary's college, if you're interested?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending