The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University (NCL) Accommodation chat thread and FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I have an offer for St Mary's College self catered wash basin room. I'm looking to swap, if anyone is interested just drop me a message.
Also, do anyone know of anything else I could do to look for people wanting to swap?
Thanks, Jennifer.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by idifrank
Hi there,

i have provisionally been allocated to St Mary’s which is NOT one of my 6 choices at all I applied to all en suite not wash basin and that far out. I’m supposedly on a priority list to change accommodation. I am NOT going to accept my offer if that’s the only accommodation I can get as it is none of my 6 and is really far out from the uni. I was wondering if there is anyway anybody has got Park View Village and wanted to swap accommodation or knows of anybody who doesn’t want to be in Park View Village? If not is there anyway I can be put into one of my 6 other choices of accommodation otherwise I will not be coming this September which is NOT what I had planned for :frown:

Hi idifrank,

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with your allocation. We do try and meet as many top choices as we can, however due to demand this is not always possible.

However, if you received none of your top choices, after Results Day we will look at vacancies in other accommodation & see if we can offer you an alternative.

Our team will email you to let you know if this is possible (after Results Day). Just bear in mind this isn’t something we can guarantee as spaces available will depend how many students have declined their outstanding accommodation offers, as well as demand.

Hope this helps 😊

Susie
Hi, my niece is in the same position. She has been allocated none of her choices and it’s making her doubt whether or not to accept Newcastle if she gets her grades. She has been offered Castle Leazes catered and no en-suite. How does she go about getting on a reserve list for en-suite accommodation?
Hi, my son is also in the same position. He has not been allocated any of his 6 choices. He specifically requires an ensuite room. He has been allocated Leazes Parade. How does he go about being allocated one of his ensuite choices?
Original post by Soppyfish
Hi, my niece is in the same position. She has been allocated none of her choices and it’s making her doubt whether or not to accept Newcastle if she gets her grades. She has been offered Castle Leazes catered and no en-suite. How does she go about getting on a reserve list for en-suite accommodation?

Hi there, when I rang them yesterday after the devastating news they said that you automatically go on a priority list so if someone in one of your chosen accommodation buildings doesn’t meet their grades or doesn’t come you can possibly be put into a different accommodation build however there is obviously no guarantee of this and you won’t be notified until after results day when your niece will have made her decision. I don’t think I’ll go given the accommodation I’ve been put with which is devastating since I’ve been preparing to go if I’d got the grades :frown: hope all gets sorted x
Thanks. She is so upset as she had really been looking forward to going there and thought the new student village would mean there was plenty of en-suite accommodation. Obviously not.
Thanks. She is so upset as she had really been looking forward to going there and thought the new student village would mean there was plenty of en-suite accommodation. Obviously not.

I thought the same :frown: all the best.
You too

Hello,
Have you and your niece looked at Student Roost Newcastle?
We offer 3 different properties, all of which are for students living in the city!
We provide a fun and thriving social calendar for all students, contents insurance in included and so are bills (no arguing over who has paid and who hasn't).
Check out our properties - https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/newcastle

Thanks, Tegan
Original post by Sandcastle1
Hi, my son is also in the same position. He has not been allocated any of his 6 choices. He specifically requires an ensuite room. He has been allocated Leazes Parade. How does he go about being allocated one of his ensuite choices?

Hello,

Student Roost Newcastle have both en suite rooms and private studios...
Newcastle 1 have a variety of 8, 6, 5 and 4 beds to choose from and many communal areas for socializing and getting to know other residents.
You may be interested in one of our 3 sites in the cit of Newcastle.

Check out our properties - https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/newcastle

Send me a message if you have any questions!

Thanks, Tegan
Reply 50
Are there any updates on Park View? Is it on track to be completed as planned by the beginning of 2018?
Hi , do not worry about not having sorted accommodation yet! Here at Knoll Court we still have some rooms available for as little as £96 per week. We are located just a 2 minute walk from Northumbria Business school and just 5 minutes from the city campus. We have recently had a refurbishment and now have an onsite common room, gym and private study areas. If you are interested in seeing the rooms take a look on our website and if you have any questions drop us a message on our live chat.
http://thestudenthousingcompany.com/...e/knoll-court/
We would be delighted to have you here! Best of luck, KC Team !

Hi Soppyfish,

I'm sorry to hear that your niece is questioning her place here due to the accommodation she's been offered. If she didn't receive an offer for any of her top accommodation choices then after Results Day the accommodation team will look at vacancies in other accommodation and do their best to offer her an alternative. Our team will automatically email her in this case. Unfortunately we can't guarantee a swap as spaces available will depend how many students have declined their outstanding accommodation offers, as well as demand.

We also have an official swap page here where your niece may be able to find someone to swap with in the meantime:

https://www.facebook.com/Accommodation.NCLswaps/

Hope this helps,

Valentina :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Cas22
Are there any updates on Park View? Is it on track to be completed as planned by the beginning of 2018?

Hi,

Yes we are making offers for Park View Student Village, it will be open for the start of term :smile:

Valentina
Original post by Sandcastle1

Hi Sandcastle1,

Unfortunately due to some residences and room types being in very high demand, we aren’t able to guarantee that a student will get one of their choices of accommodation. With thousands of applications for some halls which only have so many rooms, we have had to offer alternatives to some students, but we do understand how disappointing this can be. After Results Day the accommodation team will look at vacancies in other accommodation and do their best to offer your son an en-suite alternative if at all possible.

We also have an official swap page here where your son may be able to find someone to swap with in the meantime:

Hope this helps,

Valentina
Original post by idifrank
Hi there, when I rang them yesterday after the devastating news they said that you automatically go on a priority list so if someone in one of your chosen accommodation buildings doesn’t meet their grades or doesn’t come you can possibly be put into a different accommodation build however there is obviously no guarantee of this and you won’t be notified until after results day when your niece will have made her decision. I don’t think I’ll go given the accommodation I’ve been put with which is devastating since I’ve been preparing to go if I’d got the grades :frown: hope all gets sorted x

Hi idifrank,

I'm very sorry to hear that the accommodation you've been offered has had such a negative impact on your desire to come to University. Accommodation is only one part of the experience and although we can completely understand that it is important, there is a lot more to University life too :smile:

You're absolutely correct, the accommodation team will look at vacancies in other accommodation and do their best to offer you an alternative after results day, but this can't be guaranteed. Have you had a look on the official accommodation swap Facebook page in the meantime?

Valentina

Hi, we're sorry to hear that your daughter hasn't received ensuite accommodation, Have you considered Student Roost in Newcastle? All of our rooms are ensuite accommodation and very close to the university. We have three properties available in the city.
Reply 57
Original post by prygpp
Hey! Not sure about the 500pounds application fee you are talking about, is it the university-allocated accomodation application? But i know some student accomodations will refund you your deposit if you dont get into the uni. I have a room on the 8th floor at Verde im trying to let to someone for September 2018/2019, and i know for sure they'll refund you if you dont get in so no worries about losing your money there. And its a bit late to be looking for private accomodation right now. Message me if youre interested

still wanting to let that room??
Anyone looking for washbasin In Castle Leazes? I’m looking for an en suite room. Willing to pay for the room
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by christinayiebiyo
Hello, I am an international student from Canada and will be studying pharmacy in Newcastle this September! any tips on selecting accommodation near the campus (preferably walking distance)?

Verde, Liberty Plaza (although I think these two have just gone private), and The View are all about a 10 minute walk from campus and from town, and are next to a Tesco, which is great. I stayed in Verde last year and loved it there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending