The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University (NCL) Accommodation chat thread and FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Hi there, I am looking for someone to take over my tenancy. It is a room in a 7 man house on manor house road, Jesmond, lovely house mates and a tidy house.

What is the best way to go about finding someone to fill the spot? Please please help!

thank you
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by DepressinglyOld
Hey Pinktable,

I've just accepted a last-minute postgrad offer at Newcastle and am scrambling to find some accommodation - did you manage to sort anything out? Would be grateful for any advice or leads on decent places to stay. Cheers.

Hello, are you still looking for accommodation in Newcastle? :smile:
Hey Pinktable,

I've just accepted a last-minute postgrad offer at Newcastle and am scrambling to find some accommodation - did you manage to sort anything out? Would be grateful for any advice or leads on decent places to stay. Cheers.

Hi there, I am looking for someone to take over my tenancy from January, Any questions please do ask, its a great 7 man house with great, hard working and fun people! It may be of interest! Let me know.
Reply 83
hi
when can I apply for accommodation?
Original post by ishawa
hi
when can I apply for accommodation?

Hi ishawa,

Thank you for getting in touch. We are hoping to open accommodation applications for September 2020 in the coming weeks, as we continue to monitor the current Covid-19 situation. Our offer holders will get an email inviting them to apply once the portal is open, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

In the meantime, you can find all about our accommodation sites here: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/accommodation/.

Hope this helps :smile:

- Laura
Can someone tell me if they know of any student accomodation that does not require a uk guarantor. I dont have any close people in the uk so i am having a hard time finding any rooms. It doesnt help that in most cases, it is hard to find information about whether an accomodation requires a guarantor or not.
Original post by Angelargi
Can someone tell me if they know of any student accomodation that does not require a uk guarantor. I dont have any close people in the uk so i am having a hard time finding any rooms. It doesnt help that in most cases, it is hard to find information about whether an accomodation requires a guarantor or not.

Hi Angelargi,

Have you looked at Fresh Student Living? We require a guarantor but they can be anywhere in the world!

Hope this helps. :smile:

Thanks,
Christy
The Shield Newcastle
https://freshstudentliving.co.uk/property/the-shield/
Hey Pinktable,

Hi there,

Have you checked our The Shield? We have Silver and Gold Studio rooms remaining.

Thanks,
Christy
The Shield Student Accommodation
https://freshstudentliving.co.uk/property/the-shield/
Hi,

I've just firmed Newcastle for 2021/22 and now looking at accommodation. I have a few questions, when can 2021 students start applying for accommodation as at the moment it's still showing 2020 applications on the website? Also, any recommendations of accommodation to go for? I know there's loads of options both private and uni-managed but I'm still confused where to look. Any suggestions? Thanks
Reply 89
Original post by jamiemasters
Hi,

I've just firmed Newcastle for 2021/22 and now looking at accommodation. I have a few questions, when can 2021 students start applying for accommodation as at the moment it's still showing 2020 applications on the website? Also, any recommendations of accommodation to go for? I know there's loads of options both private and uni-managed but I'm still confused where to look. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hello, I'm at Market House this year and booked early for next year but have decided not to go with it now due to change in circumstances so have to find someone to take over the room.

The room is a Platinum Studio at Market House right in the city center. It's 27sqm with its own kitchen, double bed, ensuite 32 inch smart tv and a large desk. Its on the 5th floor with a great view of the river and great sunrises. We booked it with a £300 discount.

It's a great, spacious room and they're really friendly there. Its privately managed by Fresh Student Living.

I really recommend it.
hi! i’ve just booked flat 47 at verde. could you tell me how you found it? is verde social etc
Original post by jamiemasters
Hi,

Accommodation booking usually opens in July. Park View halls are nice. They are new, have flats of 8 and are en suite. They are next to the medical school. Castle Leazes is old and a bit shabby. There is a choice of catered or self catered. One of my friends had catered and had to ruch off after a late lecture or she would miss tea. The food wasn't very nice.
Hey i just found out that im in castle leazes, catered with a washbin - its not too pricey but still over my budget. If anyone has an accomidation thats self catered in castle leazes or under 4,000 a year it'd really help
I hope this thread is still monitored!

I am hoping to apply to Newcastle. I am a keen pianist (diploma standard) but I've heard that the practice rooms on campus are for music students only. Which halls have music practice rooms (the website doesn't say). I head Castle Leaze did but I don't know if it still does.

Thank you so much
Original post by Bob Sleigh
I hope this thread is still monitored!

I am hoping to apply to Newcastle. I am a keen pianist (diploma standard) but I've heard that the practice rooms on campus are for music students only. Which halls have music practice rooms (the website doesn't say). I head Castle Leaze did but I don't know if it still does.

Thank you so much

Thank you for your interest in Newcastle University!

You are correct that our Music Facilities are reserved for the exclusive use of our Music students and ensembles.

We recognise that many of our students do not have easy access to a piano whilst they are on Campus. Therefore, we have some pianos around campus for anyone to play. You can see where they are currently housed here.

I hope this information helps! For any further information you may wish to contact the School of Arts and Culture directly via: [email protected]

Hana :smile:
Looking for someone to take over my tenancy at Unite Students. The room is a studio apartment that contains an en-suite and a kitchen area. The room has a lot of storage as well as its own tv. Rent is £149 a week. Please message me for more details!
Hi! urgently looking someone to take over at IQ Colingwood in Manors! It is a 5 minute walk to Northumbria uni and less than 10 minutes from Newcastle uni! It’s a lovely room with a double bed, desk, under bed storage, silver en suite bigger than the bronze, modern and large kitchen/lounge shared space situated on higher position in the building 6th floor ! It is with 4 other guys who are lovely. there’s a free gym on site, lovely social areas with more TVs, pool tables.It is £146 a week and the contact ends 9 September 2023 ! Feel free to contact me at +447405814449
Hi Everyone :smile:

All Offer Holders can now apply for Accommodation for the 2023/2024 academic year!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in this thread and we would be happy to help you as much as we can.

Please find some helpful information and links below to help you apply for accommodation.

Accommodation choice

We have 11 Undergraduate and 4 Postgraduate accommodation sites available across Newcastle. Please visit our Accommodation website to view them all. Each accommodation is unique and we would advise all applicants to check out each of them before they apply. Some accommodation sites have virtual tours allowing you to get a real life feeling of the accommodation.

Applying for Accommodation

Applying for student accommodation with us is straightforward. Check out our handy step-by-step guide. We do not assign rooms based on the date you apply, so there is no rush to complete your application. Just remember to submit your application by 31st July to be covered by our New Student Guarantee.

New Student Guarantee

We guarantee all first-year undergraduate and postgraduate taught students' accommodation through our New Student Guarantee. We will try to allocate you based on your preferences; however, this is not always possible. The New Student Guarantee is an offer of a room which may be University-owned, a managed partnership, or occasionally with a local accommodation provider. For more information on the Guarantee and to check whether you are eligible, please follow this link.

Book Now

Book Now is available to students who have an academic status of ‘Unconditional Firm’ at the time of applying and meet the other conditions of the accommodation guarantee. Book Now allows you to choose your accommodation immediately. Book Now will be available until 30 June, with 20% - 40% of each University residence made available during this time. Rooms may be released in stages up until 30 June depending on demand.

Payment Guide

You can find information on how to pay for accommodation, payment schedules and much more by visiting this website.

What happens next?

Our rooms are not allocated on a first come, first served basis, with the exception to rooms reserved through the Book Now process, to ensure we can assign rooms in a way that is as fair as possible to all students that have met the conditions of the New Student Guarantee. Instead, you will be assigned a random number in our system after the application deadline. We will then process applications in this numerical order. We will make every effort to assign you accommodation according to your choices, but in some instances, we may need to offer you an alternative. Don’t worry, you’ll have a great experience wherever you live. When allocating accommodation, we aim to create a diverse mix of students in each flat. If you are a mature student, we try to place you with students of a similar age where possible. We will allocate rooms after A Level Results Day.

For more information on what happens after you apply for accommodation, please follow this link.

Elliott
Reply 98
Original post by michelle555
Hi! urgently looking someone to take over at IQ Colingwood in Manors! It is a 5 minute walk to Northumbria uni and less than 10 minutes from Newcastle uni! It’s a lovely room with a double bed, desk, under bed storage, silver en suite bigger than the bronze, modern and large kitchen/lounge shared space situated on higher position in the building 6th floor ! It is with 4 other guys who are lovely. there’s a free gym on site, lovely social areas with more TVs, pool tables.It is £146 a week and the contact ends 9 September 2023 ! Feel free to contact me at +447405814449

Can you please share a few pictures of your room? and the kitchen?
Reply 99
Original post by Whudothat
Looking for someone to take over my tenancy at Unite Students. The room is a studio apartment that contains an en-suite and a kitchen area. The room has a lot of storage as well as its own tv. Rent is £149 a week. Please message me for more details!

Hi, are you still looking for someone to take over?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending