The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University (NCL) Accommodation chat thread and FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hi! Has anybody applied for or are currently staying at Grand hotel accommodation?
If yes, please let me know about the place as I am planning to apply to that accommodation for September '23 intake.
Thank you :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Hi Elliott,

How long after results day can I expect to receive confirmation of the actual accommodation I have been given?

Many thanks
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Everyone :smile:

All Offer Holders can now apply for Accommodation for the 2023/2024 academic year!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in this thread and we would be happy to help you as much as we can.

Please find some helpful information and links below to help you apply for accommodation.

Accommodation choice

We have 11 Undergraduate and 4 Postgraduate accommodation sites available across Newcastle. Please visit our Accommodation website to view them all. Each accommodation is unique and we would advise all applicants to check out each of them before they apply. Some accommodation sites have virtual tours allowing you to get a real life feeling of the accommodation.

Applying for Accommodation

Applying for student accommodation with us is straightforward. Check out our handy step-by-step guide. We do not assign rooms based on the date you apply, so there is no rush to complete your application. Just remember to submit your application by 31st July to be covered by our New Student Guarantee.

New Student Guarantee

We guarantee all first-year undergraduate and postgraduate taught students' accommodation through our New Student Guarantee. We will try to allocate you based on your preferences; however, this is not always possible. The New Student Guarantee is an offer of a room which may be University-owned, a managed partnership, or occasionally with a local accommodation provider. For more information on the Guarantee and to check whether you are eligible, please follow this link.

Book Now

Book Now is available to students who have an academic status of ‘Unconditional Firm’ at the time of applying and meet the other conditions of the accommodation guarantee. Book Now allows you to choose your accommodation immediately. Book Now will be available until 30 June, with 20% - 40% of each University residence made available during this time. Rooms may be released in stages up until 30 June depending on demand.

Payment Guide

You can find information on how to pay for accommodation, payment schedules and much more by visiting this website.

What happens next?

Our rooms are not allocated on a first come, first served basis, with the exception to rooms reserved through the Book Now process, to ensure we can assign rooms in a way that is as fair as possible to all students that have met the conditions of the New Student Guarantee. Instead, you will be assigned a random number in our system after the application deadline. We will then process applications in this numerical order. We will make every effort to assign you accommodation according to your choices, but in some instances, we may need to offer you an alternative. Don’t worry, you’ll have a great experience wherever you live. When allocating accommodation, we aim to create a diverse mix of students in each flat. If you are a mature student, we try to place you with students of a similar age where possible. We will allocate rooms after A Level Results Day.

For more information on what happens after you apply for accommodation, please follow this link.

Elliott
Original post by Anonymous
Hi Elliott,

How long after results day can I expect to receive confirmation of the actual accommodation I have been given?

Many thanks

Hi,

Offer Holders can enquire about when they will receive their room allocation by calling our Accommodation Helpline (0191 222 5102). Lines are open:

Saturday 19th August 9.30am-2.30pm
Monday 21st August to Friday 1st September (weekdays only and excluding the bank holiday on Monday 28th) 10.00am-3.00pm

I hope this helps :smile:

Hana
how long is the medicine first year course in terms of weeks and what length contract Is more suitable 40 or 44 week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending