The Student Room Group

Caught shoplifting in Waitrose and banned for life LOL

So, a couple of days ago I didn't pay for 2 items at a self-checkout in Waitrose in Manchester (paid for the rest), a security guard noticed and 15 mins later after they took all of my details, I got a lifelong ban from all Waitrose and John Lewis stores in the country.

MY QUESTION IS!!! UNTIL HOW LONG WILL I NOT BE ABLE TO WALK INTO EITHER OF THE STORES?!?!

I totally understand that the brunch it happened in is out of the question, however i recon I will be okay to enter other waitroses and John Lewis in about 3 months? They told me they have face recognition everywhere , but i'm not sure how it works.

Any help?

Lol but guys don't bother to narrate to me tho, that's not the point of the discussion.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

😂😂😂😂 that’s mint, I’d say wait a month same happened with me at b&m they forgot. They don’t have recognition
Reply 2
Original post by DustyDepot
😂😂😂😂 that’s mint, I’d say wait a month same happened with me at b&m they forgot. They don’t have recognition

They really told me they do hahaha

I mean I like the rush...what could I do about it

BUT NOT ANYMORE!

it's just embarrassing cause I can't imagine explaining to someone idk that close (My friends are dead from laughing so it's kk) why I can't enter w them to a *****y waitrose hahaha
Reply 3

Sorry what's bm? I'm an international student you see!
I honestly considered to pretend to no comprende , but my accent is nice and not that foreign hahaha

Also, they banned you from whole brunch? Have you been back to the same store? Did they tell you about face recognition?
Think about the technology required that would cost millions to put in all Waitrose’s and John Lewis’s to stop someone for a 2.10 sandwich 😂😂😂 it’s a scare tactic
Do you really think in every Waitrose that she cannot enter. Searching abit aren’t you?
Lmao 😂
My friend got banned from every sainsburys but it’s like 2 years later and he’s gone back into the actual shop he got caught in countless times and they haven’t recognised him
Original post by looserlife
They really told me they do hahaha

I mean I like the rush...what could I do about it

BUT NOT ANYMORE!

it's just embarrassing cause I can't imagine explaining to someone idk that close (My friends are dead from laughing so it's kk) why I can't enter w them to a *****y waitrose hahaha

They probably wouldnt recognise you again. Did you give them your real details?
If they caught you stealing again though theyd probably get the police and youd end up with a criminal record.
That could be a bit of a bind depending on your age and whether you intended to stay in the UK.or were an adult.
You seem to have them sussed though.
A decent bottle of whisky is always worth saving up for dude.
Reply 10
Original post by 999tigger
They probably wouldnt recognise you again. Did you give them your real details?
If they caught you stealing again though theyd probably get the police and youd end up with a criminal record.
That could be a bit of a bind depending on your age and whether you intended to stay in the UK.or were an adult.
You seem to have them sussed though.

I did because I didn't know how it will all turn out and I didn’t want to make my situation worse by lying if they were to find out u know. I was rather waaaay to calm, didn’t fall into too much defensive as well as didn’t lament there.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by birthdefect
My friend got banned from every sainsburys but it’s like 2 years later and he’s gone back into the actual shop he got caught in countless times and they haven’t recognised him

Oh I see, but they did they tell them about face recognition??
Oh I see, but they did they tell them about face recognition??

No not that I know of
the tesco on campus must get insane amounts of stuff stolen from self service. some of them are almost look make shift where there is no weighting and has the back to the staff, so its all down to trust basically
Reply 14
You don't come across as a typical waitrose shopper so they probably will recognise you...
That's a pretty tame punishment tbh. What items did you steal?
I highly doubt they have face recognition. Either way, don't be a pussy and just try it. The worst they can do is throw you out again. Then try again with some sunglasses and a hat. If they see even through that, I'm afraid you'll have to resort to a Spider-man costume or some Muslim attire.
So, a couple of days ago I didn't pay for 2 items at a self-checkout in Waitrose (paid for the rest), a security guard noticed and 15 mins later after they took all of my details, I got a lifelong ban from all Waitrose and John Lewis stores in the country.

MY QUESTION IS!!! UNTIL HOW LONG WILL I NOT BE ABLE TO WALK INTO EITHER OF THE STORES?!?!

I totally understand that the brunch it happened in is out of the question, however i recon I will be okay to enter other waitroses and John Lewis in about 3 months? They told me they have face recognition everywhere , but i'm not sure how it works.

Any help?

Lol but guys don't bother to narrate to me tho, that's not the point of the discussion.

They can't ban you from every store, how wouldthey recognize you?h
Think about the technology required that would cost millions to put in all Waitrose’s and John Lewis’s to stop someone for a 2.10 sandwich 😂😂😂 it’s a scare tactic
Its retail they like wasting money

They won't call the poloc for stealing a sandwich
Original post by Luke5125
They can't ban you from every store, how wouldthey recognize you?h
Its retail they like wasting money

They won't call the poloc for stealing a sandwich

Ofc they can ban him from every store . Their business.

They wont call the first time, but depending how the manager feels it becomes their discretion. they will call the police if its persistent.
Reply 19
Brooo the face recognition THOO that's what my issue is
I see answers here that it's bullocks but f that, i can't get deported honestly hahaha
I won't go to this waitrose again, but I will try others and defo John Lewis

Latest

Trending

Trending