The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They didn't phone the police? Why didn't you just tell them that you forgot to pay for the items?
Reply 21
Original post by YaliaV
They didn't phone the police? Why didn't you just tell them that you forgot to pay for the items?

I did! They didn't believe me
Original post by 999tigger
Ofc they can ban him from every store . Their business.

They wont call the first time, but depending how the manager feels it becomes their discretion. they will call the police if its persistent.

You ever worked in RETAIL!?
i dont know why you think its okay to steal its not. unless this was an innocent mistake which I am getting the impression it is not.

I would be careful such things can have some very serious consequences, sure I doubt you would go to jail for petty theft the jails are reserved soley for far right extremists who have the audacity to complain about their daughters been raped, not for petty shop lifting. However you could have a criminal record if they prosecute which can hinder you getting jobs, there are not many positions I would want to employ someone who has a record of theft, certainly nothing handling money like bar work no jobs which would allow you to potentially steal valuables so office work is out (computers) I wouldn't trust you to walk my dogs you might steal them and sell them to dog fighting rings. I mean I suppose if you have your own car and want to be an uber driver or buy a plate and be a taxi driver sure, but you see the damage you can do to yourself here. Okay its not as risky as expressing none communist thoughts online but the risk is still there.
Original post by Luke5125
You ever worked in RETAIL!?

You said they cant ban them from their own stores. That is patently wrong.
You dont have a legal right to use a shop.if you have been a shoplifter.
Same happened at sainsburys. Worked out when the same security guys works there and its every thursday so now I never go in on thursday
Reply 26
Original post by Luke7456
i dont know why you think its okay to steal its not. unless this was an innocent mistake which I am getting the impression it is not.

I would be careful such things can have some very serious consequences, sure I doubt you would go to jail for petty theft the jails are reserved soley for far right extremists who have the audacity to complain about their daughters been raped, not for petty shop lifting. However you could have a criminal record if they prosecute which can hinder you getting jobs, there are not many positions I would want to employ someone who has a record of theft, certainly nothing handling money like bar work no jobs which would allow you to potentially steal valuables so office work is out (computers) I wouldn't trust you to walk my dogs you might steal them and sell them to dog fighting rings. I mean I suppose if you have your own car and want to be an uber driver or buy a plate and be a taxi driver sure, but you see the damage you can do to yourself here. Okay its not as risky as expressing none communist thoughts online but the risk is still there.

Sorry , please don't think I find it funny, I absolutely don't. I laugh at myself because of how ridiculous this situation is, a coping mechanism. I was very grateful they just let me go and I do not intend to do it again.
Reply 27
Original post by f_spanish
Same happened at sainsburys. Worked out when the same security guys works there and its every thursday so now I never go in on thursday

But no face recognition threat??
Reply 28
Original post by looserlife
So, a couple of days ago I didn't pay for 2 items at a self-checkout in Waitrose (paid for the rest), a security guard noticed and 15 mins later after they took all of my details, I got a lifelong ban from all Waitrose and John Lewis stores in the country.

MY QUESTION IS!!! UNTIL HOW LONG WILL I NOT BE ABLE TO WALK INTO EITHER OF THE STORES?!?!

I totally understand that the brunch it happened in is out of the question, however i recon I will be okay to enter other waitroses and John Lewis in about 3 months? They told me they have face recognition everywhere , but i'm not sure how it works.

Any help?

Lol but guys don't bother to narrate to me tho, that's not the point of the discussion.

What did you steal not pay for? Have you had previous run-ins with Waitrose?

It must have been something pretty valuable to get a one-strike and be out of all Waitrose/JLPs for life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
So, a couple of days ago I didn't pay for 2 items at a self-checkout in Waitrose (paid for the rest), a security guard noticed and 15 mins later after they took all of my details, I got a lifelong ban from all Waitrose and John Lewis stores in the country.

MY QUESTION IS!!! UNTIL HOW LONG WILL I NOT BE ABLE TO WALK INTO EITHER OF THE STORES?!?!

I totally understand that the brunch it happened in is out of the question, however i recon I will be okay to enter other waitroses and John Lewis in about 3 months? They told me they have face recognition everywhere , but i'm not sure how it works.

Any help?

Lol but guys don't bother to narrate to me tho, that's not the point of the discussion.

why did you give them your details
what did u steal?
Preach
Reply 33
blueberries and honey

Are you a bear?

Or a troll.
I was not stealing, but recently I went into a B
I went into a B&M recently and for a laugh, threw a soft toy across the store. I did not steal anything whatsoever, but I was caught on camera and a manager asked me to leave, which we did, but he followed us out and wrote down the number plate. Will we be banned from other stores? Like I said, no stealing involved here.
So, a couple of days ago I didn't pay for 2 items at a self-checkout in Waitrose in Manchester (paid for the rest), a security guard noticed and 15 mins later after they took all of my details, I got a lifelong ban from all Waitrose and John Lewis stores in the country.

Any help?

My friend is going through the same thing. Personally I don't think every Waitrose branch will know. Just go in and shop.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 37
Well both of the Manchester stores are gone now, so I guess it makes no difference. I am confident though that you could walk into any other waitrose store and nobody would bother you.

Latest

Trending

Trending