The Student Room Group

Does a internal suspension 1 day affect me in the long run

I got a suspension internally for instigating a fight when I didn't and only hit the other kid in self defence. Is going to affect me getting into other schools and universities and collages or will I be alright as long as I keep the rest of my record clean?
(I'm a year 8 student)
Reply 1
It won't affect it. To be honest, they don't have the time to trawl through the school records of every applicant. The only real teacher involvement in the UCAS application is the references, and you'll probably be in a different school by then, or the teachers just won't care or won't know that you got suspended 4 years ago
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Bobcrackers
I got a suspension internally for instigating a fight when I didn't and only hit the other kid in self defence. Is going to affect me getting into other schools and universities and collages or will I be alright as long as I keep the rest of my record clean?
(I'm a year 8 student)

Hello,

There must have been some misunderstanding which has resulted in you receiving a suspension.

However, I am certain this will not have any impact on your academic future - as you mentioned it is ‘merely’ an internal suspension for a single day.
Also, I understand that conflicts (often misunderstood ones too) might arise with students of your age, and these events are certainly not uncommon.

A suspension - certainly an internal and single-day suspension - will not have any effect on your future. :biggrin:

I’m sure that you can reassure yourself this is the case, and as long as you continue to keep on good terms with everyone you should feel at ease.

Hope this helps.
(I'm a year 8 student)

On top of that, the only cases where academic records become tainted are those when serious offences are committed, and a brief conflict between you and another student is nowhere near the degree of a serious offence regarded by the eyes of education.
Reply 4
It won't really matter until you get past Year 9. I got several internal detentions in Year 8 and it has had no effect on me and never comes up.
(I'm a year 8 student)

In agreement with everyone else- no, it won’t affect you, but make sure you keep the rest of your record clean 🙂
Reply 6
You guys have really put my mind at ease thank you
The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs, for in the long run; we're all dead!
Hello I was wondering the same thing and saw that people on here were informed with that type of stuff so would a external suspension in year 7 affect my future . Thanks for answers!
what about a 1 day external one in year 7, would that affect your future? Thanks
(I'm a year 8 student)

I have had over 20 days external suspensions (I'm older than you) and now going on to getting My gcses. As far as I know with family involved in the college/uni courses external let alone internal suspensions won't have a single impact let alone one from 3 years ago. Don't have a single worry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending