The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

Hello Everyone,

I've been offered and have accepted an Unconditional Offer for an Undergraduate Program to study at the University of Surrey in September 2018.

As an international student I require a CAS reference number to apply for a visa.

I understand from the University of Surrey Website:

"Please note that the CAS cannot be issued more than six months before the start date of your intended programme. The earliest that you can use your CAS to apply for your visa is three months before your programme begins."

As we're inside of the 3 months before the start of classes does anyone have an idea when the University will begin issuing these numbers?

Thanks in advance
Original post by seiticowtelata
Hello Everyone,

I've been offered and have accepted an Unconditional Offer for an Undergraduate Program to study at the University of Surrey in September 2018.

As an international student I require a CAS reference number to apply for a visa.

"Please note that the CAS cannot be issued more than six months before the start date of your intended programme. The earliest that you can use your CAS to apply for your visa is three months before your programme begins."

As we're inside of the 3 months before the start of classes does anyone have an idea when the University will begin issuing these numbers?

Thanks in advance

Most universities don’t start issuing CASs until July/August.

If you’re worried then contact their international team to ask when they start
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by seiticowtelata
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance

Hi @seiticowtelata,

I believe CAS aren't issued until later on in the summer. You can check with our International team to see if they can give you an estimated date of when you will be issued with yours by emailing them on [email protected] :smile: Alternatively, you can call the team on +44(0)1483686868.

Hope this helps and we look forward to welcoming you to Surrey in the autumn!

All the best,
Ashley
Hi! I won’t be attending Surrey, but I’ve received my CAS in the last week of June (my course starts early September).

In my case, the timeline is as follows:

Accepted unconditional offer - 14 May 2018
Paid advance tuition fee instalment - 18 Jun 2018
Email from uni requesting to complete ‘Tier 4 CAS Evidence Request’ form and submit other required documents - 19 Jun 2018
‘Tier 4 CAS Evidence Request’ form and other required documents submitted - 19 Jun 2018
CAS issued - 25 Jun 2018
Online Visa Application made - 26 Jun 2018
Submission of documents and biometrics done at VFS - 28 Jun 2018
Email from VFS stating that passport is ready for collection - 3 Jul 2018
Collection of passport (Tier 4 visa approved!) - 4 Jul 2018

Please note that I paid for priority visa application so it was processed a lot faster.

Hope you find the above useful!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending