The Student Room Group

Retaking accepted grades

Hi, I'm a bit confused.

Last year I accepted my AS grades and I got a certificate. Now I want to retake an AS module in the summer to get more marks. Does this mean that they will use the grade I get in the summer as I've aready got the certificates for last year or will they take the highest grade? Does the fact I've accepted the grade affect the re-take at all or is it just like a normal retake?

I am not 100% sure.. but I thought once you accepted the grade you could still resit AS exams, but the extra points would only count towards your whole Alevel grade.

Not certain though!
Reply 2
yh even if you have accepted your grades you can still improve individual module grades
Reply 3
Yeah but won't they have to decline the grade in order for it to count?

Unless you are taking it onto A2 level that is?
From summer 2007, it has no longer been necessary or possible to decline grades.

So, you have accepted the grade. But since that was 2007, it is still in the marks are still in the bank, whereas before by accepting the certificate you have withdrawn the marks. But at the moment you still have the marks.

Resitting means adding another mark of the same unit into the bank, and letting the best mark count. So you will have the best mark count.
Reply 5
Thanks for the replies :smile:

Latest