The Student Room Group

Teachers, Trainees and NQT chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Christ, give me state sector kids any day of the week.
As a tutor, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I cannot start really putting a lot of energy and time and being made to think all is understood and studied for them to go and get low marks. And I don't adhere to the view that pulling up marks/grades from 2 or 3 to a 5 is a good thing. I am as good as my last batch of 9s. Also their behaviour, lack of work ethic and vagueness (managing to actually lose their files) is shocking.
Original post by gjd800
Christ, give me state sector kids any day of the week.

Exactly. Given a choice between some entitled brats at some ten-a-penny 'independent' school and normal state school kids, I'd have the latter any day.
Original post by Voxdei
The thing is, entitled brats are better to organise and teach. The others are roaming around wild, interrupt when I am talking to them (for their one to one benefit), and are usually very shall we say "un-English". Actually most of the times I can't even understand their accent or do not manage to put a sentence across or convey meaning.

You must learn to troll better. This is poor - almost state school in its clumsiness.
Make sure if you have a mental health condition (no matter what course you are on) to apply for disabled students allowance, www actstudentsuppot co uk have great mental health mentors that can support you through your university journey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending