all nighter + red bull = A grade :wink:
Reply 3
Audrey Hepburn
I have perfected my failproof method:

Prayer

:ninja:

Sounds good!
Reply 4
i make note cards that look nice because i can only learn from pretty things....
Reply 5
I just read through my textbooks etc a bit at a time and talk it through to myself. When it gets a little closer to my exams I do a few past papers.
Reply 6
I always try to come up with a timetable, detailing when and how each section is going to be tackled...

But I always forget and mess that up!

The best way I have found so far is to revise as you go along, and look back over your notes the next day (or write them up in neat), as this tends to help me remember them more
Reply 7
steelmole
I just read through my textbooks etc a bit at a time and talk it through to myself. When it gets a little closer to my exams I do a few past papers.

Steelmole, your sig is marvellous!
Reply 8
past papers
writing notes on coloured paper/card makes it slightly more intersting and easier to read
Reply 9
I employ my geekery by writing my own internet-ised flashcard-type-things.
English - I still don't have a sodding clue if I revise properly for this. I just make sure I know the texts, everything about the characters, the context, etc etc back to front.

History - Make copious amounts of notes on a topic then do an exam question on it, then move onto the next topic. I also learn lots of dates.

French - Browse French websites and do lots of listening to the news and reading articles, go over new vocabulary we've learnt in class, work on my grammar, etc. Same with what I said about English, really. :s

Maths - Past papers, over and over until I get high A's on them.

General Studies - Nothing. :biggrin:
Reply 11
Do every mixed exercise for core maths, most exercises for applied maths and top it off with doing every single past paper. For law, just revise templates. For turkish... just reading Turkish books and newspapers.
i really havent a clue the best ways to revise, i've pretty much tried everythng and nothing works :frown:
-poster/post-it notes on walls,
-re-writing notes,
-condensing notes onto little cards to carry around,
- internet quiz's

at gcse i found teaching other people the best, as it makes you learn yourself,but i don't have the patients for that anymore.

i've just been trying to condense my notes then use them while doing past papers, and looking at the mark schemes and adding anything extra to my notes.

im no good at last minute cramming, but before the exam i have to read my notes as much as possible then either repeat them in myhead without looking, or doing questions/answers with my friends.
Firstly, make sure you go over notes and understand the knowledge, then just do past papers, learning from the questions you get wrong, keep doing past papers until your getting A's consecutively and you should be ok
Reply 14
In Maths (and Further/Additional Further) it's a simple case of going over notes and doing lots of questions and practice papers (past papers, Solomon papers, Delphis papers, etc.).

For Chemistry, it's a lot more difficult, but requires constant going over notes throughout the year (which I'm yet to do), re-writing of notes, doing past papers and worksheets. The biggest problem with Chemistry is having to actually understand (and remember) the concepts throughout the whole course.
Reply 15
Sit down, put your social life away and work. It's the only way, sadly.
Reply 16
1) Read notes
2) Re-write notes in concentrated form
3) Do practise questions+ past papers

That's my plan anyway for AS levels, my GCSEs was just revising night before lol:p:
Past papers.
Reply 18
Past papers and re-write notes. Make sure I understand the logic.
Rob_dob
1) Read notes
2) Re-write notes in concentrated form
3) Do practise questions+ past papers

That's my plan anyway for AS levels, my GCSEs was just revising night before lol:p:

Ditto this :cool:
Condensing my notes seems to be the only thing that works, especially in Chemistry and Physics

Latest