The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 1
Yeah. I've heard nothing about them being banned and I might have even seen some in someone's room.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
No fear; my room will be adorned in so many fairylights you'll feel like you're tripping ^_^
Reply 3
katkit
No fear; my room will be adorned in so many fairylights you'll feel like you're tripping ^_^

merely feeling it isn't good enough at times :wink:
Reply 4
I think they may be banned (don't quote me on that) but it seems to mean nothing though ;yes;
Reply 5
Could always hide them...I mean, how often do people from the uni go into rooms?
Reply 6
I believe they are.

A bribe to the cleaner should cover you, though.
Reply 7
:O

*shock*

BANNED?! That's fecking ridiculous.

And as for tripping, I can safely say I am innocent to anything other than the occasional cigarette and alcohol. ^_^
Reply 8
So are toasters, and mini-fridges, and George Fornby grills, so I'm guessing the Kent Uni SS will stomp down on fairy lights too.
Reply 9
Mini Fridges =O But I was going to bring that as well!! So if you want cold alcohol.. you have to keep it in the kitchen fridge with risk of it being skanked?
Ohhh.. =[ Im going to miss my fairy lights.
Im going to have to go out and buy a lot of non electrical pretty decorations then.
xx
They say they're banned, but i know people with fridges, grills in thier room n all. so you'll be fine.
Reply 11
How big a bribe are we talking here?
err, nothing, as no one checks ur rooms we just have a cleaner come once every few weeks to clean out our shower n thats it, whats in our room doesnt bother them. But your free to send me a tenner if u want
Oohh good.. Ill just take one set of fairy lights and not over do it then =]
And hide my fridge in a corner somewhere.
Sounds like it should be okay thoughh.
xx
Reply 14
Cowberg
So are toasters, and mini-fridges, and George Fornby grills, so I'm guessing the Kent Uni SS will stomp down on fairy lights too.

Pfft! I have a toaster, and the cleaner actually advised me to get a minifridge when my food was (well still is) getting stolen.

Fairy lights are fine as long as they're not over the cooker, we decorated our kitchen up to the nines around christmas, had fairylights and bits dangling from the ceiling. Only the ones above the cooker got taken down because they were a fire hazard.
Reply 15
Hev456
Pfft! I have a toaster, and the cleaner actually advised me to get a minifridge when my food was (well still is) getting stolen.

Fairy lights are fine as long as they're not over the cooker, we decorated our kitchen up to the nines around christmas, had fairylights and bits dangling from the ceiling. Only the ones above the cooker got taken down because they were a fire hazard.

That was a very Christmassy looking kitchen :^_^:

I have a toaster and kettle...I once used the kettle in my room when I couldn't get any hot water to wash in the basin...but never used the toaster :giggle:

Because I'd have to go to the kitchen to get butter anyway :indiff:
I have fairy lights in my room! My neighbour also has a mini fridge - this is in parkwood though, it might be harder in collage accomodation! Butttttt you aren't strictly allowed fairy lights - some of my friends in parkwood had a rather worrying experience where hospitality let themselves in to everyones room in their house to check for fairy lights - but someone in the house had them up, and nothing was done... its all a little confusing!
But, then again, some of my friends have a pet fish in their kitchen :P and their cleaners really don't care, as long as it's not furry! Don't take my word for it though, they might just be lucky (they in parkwood too!)
Good luck with the fairy lights!
xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending