The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good point. I'll start tonight.
The Lyceum
Good point. I'll start tonight.

If I start a revision plan, for some reason it has to be on a monday otherwise its just not good enough. Does anyone else have this, or is this just me? :s-smilie:
Alpha_Female
If I start a revision plan, for some reason it has to be on a monday otherwise its just not good enough. Does anyone else have this, or is this just me? :s-smilie:

I 100% share this, with EVERYTHING though. :confused:
The Lyceum
I 100% share this, with EVERYTHING though. :confused:

Yes! It totally not procrastination though right? Just incorrect karma! :biggrin:
Alpha_Female
Yes! It totally not procrastination though right? Just incorrect karma! :biggrin:

Well it has to be something, I tried this excuse with my tutor once, he was not impressed. Likewise skipping whole days of school if I get up late for the first lesson et c.

No idea where that logic comes from "I'm ten minutes late! Best just stay home all day then.."
Rouz
I always think next time it comes to exams im gonna revise early..but it never happens :frown:

Same here. At least I bought a revision guide today. That's a start. I've had nearly 2 weeks off and I haven't done much. :frown:
Reply 26
Yes started in December before mocks to not have to deal with such a change in the grand old scheme of revision and actually having to bear myself to start. Now doing 2-4 hours every week day (mainly past papers and finding major weakspots) and then on a weekend rarin with a whole 6 hours :frown:

Seems to be working, more is being condensed, less is being forgotten :smile:
Reply 27
How do you revise?
Like read the textbook :tongue:
or read a chunk come back later and write down all you know to make sure youve remembered it?
or make colourful notes etc?
Reply 28
nooooooooooooo. day before my first exam maybe...
Reply 29
since half term began last week, i set out to do a bit of revision every day. now with 3 more days off, i havent done any revision or any of the homework i was meant to do :s-smilie:

i will start tommorrow though....
It's been sort of on and off for me this easter holidays.

I tend to get through a huge bulk at times, and then feel satisfied enough to go have a 10 hour break lol.

I have tomorrow, sat, sun and monday to revise, and then its back to college. I'm gonna attempt to get through half the biology book, have a good understanding of economics units 5 and 6, and get through 3/4 of psychology.

Tough, but achievable. I'm planning an all nighter tonight as well.
Rouz
How do you revise?
Like read the textbook :tongue:
or read a chunk come back later and write down all you know to make sure youve remembered it?
or make colourful notes etc?

It depends on the size of the textbook and the subject. For Psychology I just revise straight from the textbook (worked wonders last year). For Economics its more reading chunks and writing down all I can remember. For Geography its a mixture of everything really :cool:
Reply 32
I started my revision 3 days ago!!
I havent dun nothing yet n i got like 10 exams n dnt no wher to start im stressin hard!!!!!!!!
Start tomorrow.
Reply 35
am i the only one who finds it crazy that people are revising like mad? i havent even got notes for all my subjects never mind started revision.
of course! I started a few months ago.
I thf you want to pass your exam then you really should begin rebising, there is only about a month left after all,

Saying that though I haven't done much and I'm very behind on writing my notes :s-smilie:

I BLAME TSR FOR BEING SO ADDDICTIVE! lol
I started semi-serioudly at the start of the easter break, so just under two weeks ago. For french, I have been revising for a bit longer, as my oral exam is on 9th May, eeek!
Reply 39
not yet.
i had my Film Studies CW to hand in last wednesday
Computing CW to hand in Monday
and my re-do of last years Film Stduies CW this wednesday

after that tho. i will be :smile:

Latest