The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Has anyone else not applied for accommodation yet?

I haven't, but it seems like I'm the only one. I guess I haven't done it yet because I'm a bit worried about it. I really don't want catered accommodation, so I think that leaves me with just Wolfson, SSA, GDSA, one of the UoL Halls and I think Brian Creamer. I really don't want any off the Intercollegiates as they are too expensive, but I wouldn't want to live in the KCL Halls as they are so far away, so I'm still unsure how I'm going to order them. I would be absolutely gutted if I don't get Wolfson, SSA, GDSA or Brian Creamer, but obviously I understand they have to be fair, and nobody wants to have one of their lower choices; it's just annoying that money is an issue - if it wasn't I wouldn't really be bothered, other than that I'd prefer self-catering, but if I could afford to still buy food even if I was in catered then it wouldn't really matter.

Oh and when is the deadline?
Reply 1
If you're so worried about not getting them, I suggest you apply as soon as possible.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I haven't applied either (same situation as you basically!) and the deadline is the 30th June, and I was under the impression that as long as the application is in before the 30th of June it is not on a "first come first served" basis and everyone is treated fairly? Although I could be wrong.
Reply 3
abi_gail
I haven't applied either (same situation as you basically!) and the deadline is the 30th June, and I was under the impression that as long as the application is in before the 30th of June it is not on a "first come first served" basis and everyone is treated fairly? Although I could be wrong.

nah you're right.
Reply 4
I've just firmed King's yesterday.. do i have to wait for them to send me an application form, or can i do it asap on their website? or ring them for a application number, i'm not sure at all. And it's not first come first served..that's a relief.
Reply 5
The login details should be in your offer letter - I think it takes about five days after firming your offer to be able to log in.
Reply 6
I see. Thanku!
Reply 7
No probs :smile:
Reply 8
Sijia
If you're so worried about not getting them, I suggest you apply as soon as possible.

Doesn't make a difference. There's no "first-come-first-serve" basis. It's a complete random allocation of all of the applications after the deadline.
Reply 9
I didn't apply because I didn't received anything from King's yet.
I've firmed it the 4th of April.
pcok
I haven't, but it seems like I'm the only one. I guess I haven't done it yet because I'm a bit worried about it. I really don't want catered accommodation, so I think that leaves me with just Wolfson, SSA, GDSA, one of the UoL Halls and I think Brian Creamer. I really don't want any off the Intercollegiates as they are too expensive, but I wouldn't want to live in the KCL Halls as they are so far away, so I'm still unsure how I'm going to order them. I would be absolutely gutted if I don't get Wolfson, SSA, GDSA or Brian Creamer, but obviously I understand they have to be fair, and nobody wants to have one of their lower choices; it's just annoying that money is an issue - if it wasn't I wouldn't really be bothered, other than that I'd prefer self-catering, but if I could afford to still buy food even if I was in catered then it wouldn't really matter.

Oh and when is the deadline?

SSA and GDSA are more expensive than some of the catered accom!
Reply 11
tropicalcoconuts3
SSA and GDSA are more expensive than some of the catered accom!

Really? I thought catered was ~£5000?
Reply 12
i haven't applied either. still working out the $$$$ :smile:
Reply 13
No, well based on this year catered is slightly cheaper than GDS and SSA (by about £200 I think, if memory serves).

Latest