The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway accommodation when it's your insurance choice - what happens?

Royal Holloway is my insurance choice so I know I can't apply for accommodation unless it becomes my firm choice on results day.

Is there anyone here who is at Royal Holloway who was in this position?

Just wondering if I do find out I'm going to RHUL on Aug 17th whether there will be any accommodation left on campus? How do I apply - will I get an email once RHUL has accepted me as a student on the 17th and be able to apply then? Worried there may be nothing left!
Reply 1
Hey, it might be a bit too late but it says on their website you are guaranteed accommodation with them if you are applying through clearing / insurance choice if you apply by Monday 21st August :smile: I had to do the same thing lol as they were my insurance too, i applied straight away on results day 😭
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
I have been trying for days to get through to RHUL accomodation on both accommodation and student services line. My son went through clearing (away hence me posting) , met the deadline and is status is still the same on accomodation.

Anyone know who else to contact, it seems a bit shambolic , lines open from 10 to 1pm (as per website but 10-4pm on phone line message) and then I Keep getting cut off after waiting 45 mins each time.

He hasn't had any communication or updates so nowhere to live yet!

(applied on the 19th Aug)
Any advice pls
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Ashash18
I have been trying for days to get through to RHUL accomodation on both accommodation and student services line. My son went through clearing (away hence me posting) , met the deadline and is status is still the same on accomodation.

Anyone know who else to contact, it seems a bit shambolic , lines open from 10 to 1pm (as per website but 10-4pm on phone line message) and then I Keep getting cut off after waiting 45 mins each time.

He hasn't had any communication or updates so nowhere to live yet!

(applied on the 19th Aug)
Any advice pls

We are in same position with our son he will be starting his first year and had no response to emails . Been hanging on phone for an hour each day only to be told they will look at applications mid to late September - so looks like it’s the Travelodge for a few weeks ! Not a great start and a real shame
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
We are in same position with our son he will be starting his first year and had no response to emails . Been hanging on phone for an hour each day only to be told they will look at applications mid to late September - so looks like it’s the Travelodge for a few weeks ! Not a great start and a real shame

My son has now got accommodation, what a testing time! Keep trying. I called the main uni line and then pressed the option to go through to student accom or services cannot remember which now. I don't know if it was fluke or if it was quicker.

Yes I feel for your son, keep chasing, he shouldn't have to stay at Travelodge...
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending