The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
abdirahim
i will be going to uni to study medicine so i would like you nice people to help me go to the best uni for medicine after i get my A-levels.

thanks

very confident of you.
Reply 2
LOL :biggrin:.

To be fair though, the chances of getting into med school are much better than a few years ago :smile:.
Reply 3
DanMushMan
very confident of you.

thanks
Reply 4
pkonline

To be fair though, the chances of getting into med school are much better than a few years ago :smile:.

um, although there are more places available, the number of applicants over the last 3-4 years has been increasing, whereas it had been dropping.
Reply 5
pkonline

yes but still its hard work
Reply 6
abdirahim
yes but still its hard work

Haven't you answered your own question; you voted for Cambridge so you should apply there. I wouldn't base you decision on anything/anyone else :smile:.
Reply 7
is there anybody that studed medicine before and can give me some facts

thanks
Reply 8
DanMushMan
um, although there are more places available, the number of applicants over the last 3-4 years has been increasing, whereas it had been dropping.

Ooops sorry :redface: .

When I applied it was dropping - sorry :smile:.
Reply 9
pkonline
Haven't you answered your own question; you voted for Cambridge so you should apply there. I wouldn't base you decision on anything/anyone else :smile:.

yes i did vote for cambridge but i can be wrong and that why i asked other people

thanks
Reply 10
i cant understand what is happening to the world today war and killing everywere. can anybody tell me why.
Reply 11
abdirahim
i cant understand what is happening to the world today war and killing everywere. can anybody tell me why.

Egos, greed, pride.
there are better med schools than you've put up
Reply 13
pkonline
Egos, greed, pride.

...is what made our nation great.
Reply 14
i would go for john moores university in liverpool
Reply 15
DanMushMan
there are better med schools than you've put up

tell me which schools

thanks]
Reply 16
I see you're not bothered by the BMAT!

November the 5th..........ARRRGGGH

Personally I reckon UCL, its in London, good exposure the culture and people. And the course is a decent mixture of both teaching styles ( at least i think so anyway, ....im not applying to UCL)
abdirahim
tell me which schools

thanks]

imp, kings, st georges, newcastle, edin.

Basically medical school, with the possible exception of the 2 new ones, are at unis which have very good reputations. Also, the medical school you go to won't have too much of an effect on your future career.

PS. I would also say that Imperial is better than UCL, definatley reputation-wise, and its harder to get into Imperial.
Reply 18
the chances of getting onto a Med course is approx 50%.

Obv the chances of getting into ur 1st choice is harder, about 1/8 th I believe. Though that depends on the Uni
lollipop
the chances of getting onto a Med course is approx 50%.

Obv the chances of getting into ur 1st choice is harder, about 1/8 th I believe. Though that depends on the Uni

where did you get these random figures from?

Latest