The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think it depends on the uni because ive already got one from birmingham (which is the one i want to go to)
Reply 2
Depends on the college. Most colleges don't issue additional inforation regarding room choices and accommodation until you have met your offer....so you can usually expect to wait until August before you need to indicate your preferences and find out more.
Reply 3
Indeed - and some Colleges don't give you any choice. My College (Sidney) simply allocate you a room when you meet your offer.
Reply 4
My college (Tit Hall) send out letters in Aprilish. It's a completely college based thing. Don't worry, at some point they'll be in touch. Everyone gets accommodation, so...
Reply 5
..and mine sent it two weeks before arrival :rolleyes: Be prepared to wait a very long time, and then if anything comes earlier, it will be a nice surprise :biggrin: Also, do ask these questions in your college thread (see the subforum attached to this forum) - students at your college will have a more specific idea.
Chiron
Indeed - and some Colleges don't give you any choice. My College (Sidney) simply allocate you a room when you meet your offer.

Oooh, really? Is this (in your experience) a good or a bad thing? Nervous now!!
Jahmez23
My college (Tit Hall) send out letters in Aprilish. It's a completely college based thing. Don't worry, at some point they'll be in touch. Everyone gets accommodation, so...

They do?
I got a load of finance stuff earlier this month from them but nothing about accomodation, I thought we would have to wait until meeting the terms of our offer, at least.
xxx
Reply 8
Wow...is there a great deal of variation between Colleges then?

I've not heard anything from Trinity since they made me an offer and am half-worrying that they've forgotten me :wink:
Reply 9
I haven't heard from Trinity either, so I wouldn't worry about it :smile:
Reply 10
[QUOTE='[mellifluous]']They do?
I got a load of finance stuff earlier this month from them but nothing about accomodation, I thought we would have to wait until meeting the terms of our offer, at least.
xxx

Last year, we were sent a letter asking us to pick accommodation level (1-4), and then allocated a specific room in September.

They might not have sent it yet...
If it's anything like Magdalene, you turn up in October and they give you the key to a random room.
We had to send passport photos for university ID cards around now even if we had only a conditional offer. Then around early September we got a huge envelope with loads of letters including one telling us the room we'd been allocated and how much our "Residence charge" was.
Reply 13
Shadow of a Dream
Oooh, really? Is this (in your experience) a good or a bad thing? Nervous now!!

I think it works relatively well. Naturally, some accomodation isn't as nice as others but it's not too bad. However, Cromwell Court is apparently meant to be being re-done this summer so it should be significantly better for you lot.

Really, having it all sorted out for you just means that there's one less thing to worry about!
Chiron
I think it works relatively well. Naturally, some accomodation isn't as nice as others but it's not too bad. However, Cromwell Court is apparently meant to be being re-done this summer so it should be significantly better for you lot.

Really, having it all sorted out for you just means that there's one less thing to worry about!

That's good then. Thank you - sorry to pester :smile: .

Latest

Trending

Trending