The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. You can have a supervision any day of the week, including weekends. If you are a scientist you will have lectures/praticals monday-saturday. Terms are only 8 weeks long, there's no reason for thme to give you days off (however much you might want them).
Reply 2
Yup bank holidays are non-existent in Cambridge and you still have lectures. (The only difference I find with bank holidays is that the bedders have the day off, but other than that there's absolutely no difference between a bank holiday and any weekday during term!)
Reply 3
is it same for Oxford? or do Oxford students get Bank Holidays?
Reply 4
I dont think students at any universities get bank holidays do they?
Reply 5
matthew_mi
is it same for Oxford? or do Oxford students get Bank Holidays?

No, of course not. If terms are only eight weeks long, they can't afford to give you days off in the middle of term.
Reply 6
I had a supervision on Easter Monday - right in the middle of vacation. Scientists don't even get weekends :p:
Reply 7
I had an exam on a bank holiday once. They don't exist here!
Reply 8
We have our own calendar here. What happens outside of Cambridge very rarely affects us.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cambridge+bubble
Reply 9
Ah, one of the few perks of the clinical school life :wink:
Reply 10
Helenia
Ah, one of the few perks of the clinical school life :wink:

:eek::eek::eek:

Hell yes.
Reply 11
My old DoS said that its because the way Cambridge's terms work was thought up before bank holidays existed. But don't know if that's true. Other uni's do get them, I know some of my friends that have no lectures or anything on bank holidays, but they also have longer terms.
:rolleyes: *tries to imagine a 1200 bank holiday* :rofl:
So it seems that though we don't get a bank holiday, the camtools helpdesk does. Not that I even really know what that is.
Reply 14
Supergrunch
So it seems that though we don't get a bank holiday, the camtools helpdesk does. Not that I even really know what that is.

Camtools? That sounds like an insult. As in "God, you're such a camtool...":rolleyes:
hobnob
Camtools? That sounds like an insult. As in "God, you're such a camtool...":rolleyes:

It's an online notes-getting thingy. It's fun because you can see who else is notes-getting at the same time.
hobnob

I was thinking just that :biggrin:
visesh
We have our own calendar here. What happens outside of Cambridge very rarely affects us.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cambridge+bubble

2. Cambridge University
love it 56 up, 34 down hate it

The joint top University in Great Bitain. It is full of some of the brightest students in the country. Its joint top with Oxford. Oxford and Cambridge are often called Oxbridge.
Cambridge: How did you do in your exams?
Student: Yes, I got straight A's
Cambridge:Well the come to Cambridge University
cambridge oxford oxbridge great britain brightest
by British brunette Jun 11, 2006 email it

What the hell?
generalebriety
2. Cambridge University
love it 56 up, 34 down hate it

The joint top University in Great Bitain. It is full of some of the brightest students in the country. Its joint top with Oxford. Oxford and Cambridge are often called Oxbridge.
Cambridge: How did you do in your exams?
Student: Yes, I got straight A's
Cambridge:Well the come to Cambridge University
cambridge oxford oxbridge great britain brightest
by British brunette Jun 11, 2006 email it

What the hell?

I don't know, I reckon we should break the spelling and grammar a little more:

Cambidge: How you did in your exams?
Student: Yes, I got the straight A's
Cambrodge:Well the come to the Cambradge University
Reply 19
I get 3 hour revision supervisions on sunday morning :frown:

Latest