The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ender
ah yes, a 4th year medical student being rude to ppl online, rather pathetic, what? Havent you got better things to do?

Lol you're gonna get pwnd.
Ender
Havent you got better things to do?

Haven't you got better things to do?
Reply 42
We had an Italian student in our first year who stayed for about a week, but got very, very home sick and left...
Reply 43
Ender
ah yes, a 4th year medical student being rude to ppl online, rather pathetic, what? Havent you got better things to do?

I have to say, i don't think it is so impossible that no one has ever done it, just extreeeemely rare probably.

In most cases (certainly for Cambridge) it would breach the GMC registration requirements (or something like that) so it wouldn't be possible no matter how brilliant you were.
Reply 44
Ender
No actually, this keeps me out of trouble and amuses me no end.

I have to say, i don't think it is so impossible that no one has ever done it, just extreeeemely rare probably.
You keep thinking whatever you want to think. You've been told it's impossible, you've been told why it's impossible, but never mind...

Where do they get their ideas from. :rolleyes:
its only 40% to pass right?
no
Reply 47
50% here. But how they make the pass mark 50% each time is always interesting. :wink:
Reply 48
We were told in our revision lectures that you need to get about 65% correct, which then undergoes some magic transformation and you end up with 50%. With OSCEs you can definately remove 15% from your raw score to get something near your adjusyed score.
Reply 49
gandalfthelol
its only 40% to pass right?

It depends. Some of my papers have a 70% pass rate, others 55-60.
I have no idea what the pass mark is for any of my papers it proper annoys me!!
Reply 51
our pass mark is really too low.

i would prefer it if they cut the syllabus by about a fifth by ditching the modules that aren't needed, then raising the passmark a bit. it would mek more sense to test us on whats important, more thoroughly.
then we could do those ditched modules like sociology, over enthusiastic anatomy-latin-naming sessions and baaaaaayyyysic pharmacology (you know the stuff they spend forever teaching when it would tek two weeks to do in reality), or mek them cool first year optional modules.

Latest

Trending

Trending