The Student Room Group

Results Day(s)

I was just wondering whether anyone else feels like I do on results day.

Most of my friends just rip open the letters in a circle and then whoop! for joy or cry on each others shoulders. But, I've never been able to do that.

I usually take my results slip, avoid pretty much everyone, and wait until I can be completely alone before I look. Every time it is the same - I just can't bring myself to look when other people are around / someone might ask me.

Do you have to be in private too?

Scroll to see replies

Yes.
Reply 2
Most definitely.
Reply 3
Citizen Zero
Yes.

Short but sweet lol. I feel better already. =D
I can't do it when everyone else is around! They all ask.
Then it just makes me sad if someone does better than me.

When I'm alone I have time to digest it and learn to live with my results.
i dont rele mind, ill look at it first and then, show people if its rele bad i wont!

but meh, they willl find out eventually
Reply 6
I normally have to wait until I stop shaking to open up results envelopes. :smile:
affinity89
Short but sweet lol. I feel better already. =D

It's better because if my friends are hanging around with me, I get all paranoid and think that they are going to snatch my sheet and read my results before me... :ninja:
Reply 8
Yeah I prefer it, although it's difficult because you always have people there going "COME ON COME ON"...

...or at least I do, anyway.
i hate results day. im always more nervous finding out than before the exams lol. that being said, i don't have the patience to 'find a spot' and normally open the envelope straight away-but not 'with' anyone-i can't do group results, esp when your friends are very smart and a comparison would result in depression. I fear this will happen this summer...:frown:
Reply 10
i just open it lol but before i do i always say to my self 'its doesnt matter what you get, youre gona be rich!' lol and its true theres more to life than exam results.
Reply 11
Nah, I don't mind at all.
Reply 12
monica7790
i just open it lol but before i do i always say to my self 'its doesnt matter what you get, youre gona be rich!' lol and its true theres more to life than exam results.

I agree lol. I just hate the whole process though. When I've done badly, I hate telling people because they either gloat or look uncomfortable. And, when I've done okay, and a friend is upset about theirs, I feel like a bad person to even mention mine if they ask.

I tend to be quite rude on results day lol. At high school, three teachers stopped me and asked me if I was happy with them and I was like 'I don't know yet!' and then rushed off. I felt very guilty afterwards lol.
Reply 13
I was so annoyed on results day. My tutor had basically already told me I'd got AAA before I'd opened them, and so I didn't get the same feelings of elation as I would have done if I'd have been taken by surprise.
Reply 14
affinity89
I agree lol. I just hate the whole process though. When I've done badly, I hate telling people because they either gloat or look uncomfortable. And, when I've done okay, and a friend is upset about theirs, I feel like a bad person to even mention mine if they ask.

I tend to be quite rude on results day lol. At high school, three teachers stopped me and asked me if I was happy with them and I was like 'I don't know yet!' and then rushed off. I felt very guilty afterwards lol.

yer i feel guilty if someone has done bad too. but every1 is different lol
I open them as soon as they're in my hand. I don't mind my friends knowing straight away what I've got. I'm feeling slightly different about these results though. I might check track before I go to the school..
Reply 16
Well, we get told our results by a teacher in private anyhow, no envelopes here.
But this is written exams only. We then get told the topic of our oral exam which will be a week later. So I have to hang around school and wait till we get told that. :mad:
I get upset if I get something that's bad for me. It might be good for most other people but I still get upset and then everyone scolds me for being upset. But I can't not tell either because then they'll never stop asking.
So I'm not looking foreward to that. Might lock myself in the bathroom...:hmmm:
affinity89
I was just wondering whether anyone else feels like I do on results day.

Most of my friends just rip open the letters in a circle and then whoop! for joy or cry on each others shoulders. But, I've never been able to do that.

I usually take my results slip, avoid pretty much everyone, and wait until I can be completely alone before I look. Every time it is the same - I just can't bring myself to look when other people are around / someone might ask me.

Do you have to be in private too?

I go home and open them.

Even when I have a feeling I've done well in certain exams there's no way I'm gonna put on a public spectacle.

Infact, I only say what I got if I'm asked, whether good or bad.

I HAVE to be in private, allow having prying eyes knowing my results before I've had time to gauge them.
Reply 18
Last Summer's Dream
I open them as soon as they're in my hand. I don't mind my friends knowing straight away what I've got. I'm feeling slightly different about these results though. I might check track before I go to the school..

Do some universities update it straight away? I don't know whether I'd take comfort knowing if I'd got in to my first choice or whether I'd be irritated to miss out on the whole surprise thing.
Reply 19
^apparently it should be updated at midnight but because so many people log in, it might not happen oO

Latest

Trending

Trending