The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London Chemical engineering interview

Hello, I'm an Italian student and I have been invited to attend a tour of the university department with a chemical engineering interview at Imperial (30 of January).
I have read that the interview questions will probably be about my personal statements and my choice of studying chemical engineering, but I understood there will also be chemistry and math questions.
Do you know which kind of chemistry questions could they ask? And how to prepare for those questions (khan-academy, A-level chemistry books, etc... )?
Moreover, do you have any suggestions of any kind that could help me?
Many thanks, Fabrizio.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
To be honest, you don’t need to worry a lot about the interview question. You cant guess what they want to ask and yes, most of the questions are about your personal statement and CV. I applied for Mres green chemistry and they give me question something like what the different between the CO2 released from burning plants and burning fossil fuel. I didn’t know the answer and he finally gave me some hints to get the point. I think I failed in the interview but they finally gave me the offer.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by feibenny
To be honest, you don’t need to worry a lot about the interview question. You cant guess what they want to ask and yes, most of the questions are about your personal statement and CV. I applied for Mres green chemistry and they give me question something like what the different between the CO2 released from burning plants and burning fossil fuel. I didn’t know the answer and he finally gave me some hints to get the point. I think I failed in the interview but they finally gave me the offer.

Since I have two weeks I thought I could do something to at least be more prepared. Congratulations for you offer, did you recieve it immediately after the interview?
Reply 3
Three days after the interview, it is an informal offer from the admission team.
Thread moved to Imperial College London.

Just to let you know, the sharing of specific interview questions isn't allowed on TSR as it gives some people an unfair advantage. :redface:
Reply 5
Original post by feibenny

Hey! God i've been searching in all corners of the internet looking for information about that specific course! MRes in green chemistry, energy and the environment right? I got an interview offer for this coming up Wednesday and was wondering if you could shed some light for tips? That would be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending