The Student Room Group

HSBC work experience 2019

I have the phone interview in 2 days and was wondering what kind of questions they asked

Thanks
Reply 1
How did it go? What did they ask?

I have mine in a couple of days.
From the previous threads from a few years ago, its seems like they only ask two questions and sometimes about the HSBC values but they might have changed since.
Reply 2
have mine tomorrow, what questions did they ask for your interviews?
Reply 3
They only ask two questions:
- When was a time where you had to make a difficult decision?
Follow up questions were what the outcome/results of that decision
-When was a time where you helped someone?
Follow ups were: why do you feel like it was your responsibility, results, feedback you got from that person etc.
Reply 4
Yes I had the same questions for my interview, have been told that I passed the interview but not necessarily been given a place, anyone found out about their application yet?
Original post by Snelljh
Yes I had the same questions for my interview, have been told that I passed the interview but not necessarily been given a place, anyone found out about their application yet?

I got this same email from them yesterday.
Original post by Snelljh

I got the same email too. We find out the results in March
Reply 7
what other work experience placements have you guys applied for? I applied for JP Morgan but was rejected, and have also applied to PwC
Has anyone had any updates yet?
I haven't heard anything and it's almost April... :s-smilie:
dont worry me too. Although I was asked for permission forms a long time ago. Anyone else? Does it means I am in? THey siad they would contact me later with further information.
Original post by icekaffee
Has anyone had any updates yet?
I haven't heard anything and it's almost April... :s-smilie:
Hi, do you guys remember whether you had to submit a CV and cover letter for this? It doesn't say on the website so not sure whether I'll need a cover letter or not...
Hey, I applied recently for next year's work experience placements and I uploaded a CV :smile:
Original post by sophiathesecond
Hey, I applied recently for next year's work experience placements and I uploaded a CV :smile:

Thanks for this! No cover letter required then?
Best of luck!!
Nope, no cover letter, good luck to you too :smile:
shut up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending