The Student Room Group

My ex boyfriend’s gf keeps stalking and copying me on social media

Ok lemme explain it briefly: my ex boyfriend, say his name is Alex, used to be with a girl, let’s call her Amy, they were together for 4 months and then they broke up, and after like 1 month me and Alex got together. Then, after another 5 months ish, me and Alex broke up and Amy&alex got back together.

During this 5 months Amy kept posting sad words on all kinds of social media and abused me in all sort of ways. For example she posted on instagram: “you ***** stole my relationship and believe it or not you and him will break up very soon just like we did”. She thinks her bf broke up with her because of me. Idk why she always thought it was me that engaged between them and led them breaking up. Btw, we are all Korean and I study in the uk, Alex in France but Amy still in Korea. We were from the same middle school in Korea but not in the same class so basically I don’t know Amy before this.

Now it’s been 2 years since I broke up with Alex and they two are still together. I’ve moved on and am enjoying my life, dating with a new bf and last year I got into uni of Cambridge. Also, I deleted Alex’s Facebook, unfollowed his Instagram/twitter etc on the day we broke up and I didn’t even contact him once during the two years cuz I’ve just completely got over him and past is just past. However, Amy still keeps stalking me literally EVERY SINGLE DAY, I know this from my instagram story viewers. She probably didn’t know that instagram story viewers can be checked by me bc she didn’t use ig a lot. And more disgustingly, she copied my words on my ig and posted on hers with exactly the same thing. For example, I posted “guys nights gonna be lit” someday and then after a week she posted EXACTLY the same words and u know it just can’t be a coincidence. Also, she once wrote her instagram bio in an exactly same fashion as I did. (Again it’s quite unique so can’t be a coincidence).

Ok I’ve tolerated all these and didn’t even say a word to her cuz I don’t wanna feel like I’m a bored person like she is. Btw, she didn’t go to any university so she stays at home every day doing nothing. Sometimes I guess that’s why she keeps watching my life bc she is just jealous and herself doesn’t have a life at all.

What makes me feel like I absolutely can’t tolerate this any more is that, I posted my outfit on twitter last week, and she then posted on her account:“is copying celebrities’ outfits the only thing you know to do every day? Even using the same filter, can u use your own brain?” I know she is referring to me bc I did wear the same trousers as a Korean blogger did on that picture, but all other stuff like hoodie hat shoes coat etc are by my own match. (The blogger is quite popular among Korean teenagers recently and many girls like her outfits). I was literally so angry when I saw her post, and I was like ffs it’s been two years since I broke up with Alex why u still ****ing stalk my life and abuse me? My friends all said to me like: just don’t watch her posts any more. I know and I actually don’t watch her posts that often. But I honestly don’t understand why she hates me so much and I now can’t stop being angry. Btw Amy doesn’t look good at all, at most 5.5 if given a mark. Alex is probably around 5. Btw, Alex liked my twitter posts from time to time during the 2 years since we broke up, and I didn’t respond at all.

I’m sorry for such a long description, but please give advice if u know what to do or have faced the similar problem before! Thanks very much!
Oh wow!! Maybe she still sees you as a threat?

Best thing to do is block her on social media then she won't be able to stalk you and you won't see her copying you.

Lucy
Reply 2
Original post by hallamstudents
Oh wow!! Maybe she still sees you as a threat?

Best thing to do is block her on social media then she won't be able to stalk you and you won't see her copying you.

Lucy

Thank you for your reply! xox
That’s what my friends suggested me to do too. But I still don’t get this, I’ve never tried to stay in touch with her bf for years and why she still hates me so much?!
Original post by kim00
Thank you for your reply! xox
That’s what my friends suggested me to do too. But I still don’t get this, I’ve never tried to stay in touch with her bf for years and why she still hates me so much?!

She's probably insecure about the fact that ages ago her boyfriend chose you over her. Maybe she's finding it hard to get over? It's definitely weird that she's constantly keeping an eye on you and copying you!

Lucy
I am dealing with a similar situation and funny enough my ex is called alex!, it has been 2 years since me and him broke up but for unknown reasons his girlfriend continues to stalk all my social media’s, copying my bios word for word, the thing is I have blocked her on all accounts but she keeps making new fake ones to stalk me on, it’s crazy, I myself am so lost on what to do that’s what brought me to this because I am seeking answers and advice myself:frown:
I know this thread is old asf but the same thing is happening to me; did your situation finally get better?? I don't know what to do
Original post by Unknownuser09876
I am dealing with a similar situation and funny enough my ex is called alex!, it has been 2 years since me and him broke up but for unknown reasons his girlfriend continues to stalk all my social media’s, copying my bios word for word, the thing is I have blocked her on all accounts but she keeps making new fake ones to stalk me on, it’s crazy, I myself am so lost on what to do that’s what brought me to this because I am seeking answers and advice myself:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending