The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Please, can someone help me with this? I'm panicking again.
Reply 41
I took an exam today and I used extra paper. I labelled the questions up wrongly, noting down the sections I asked rather than the action question number. As a result, I think I might have failed the exam, and it was my first written one. Please can someone informed in this field tell me what difference it will make, because I'm clearly not going to get my predicted grade anymore.
Reply 42
I'm predicted an A* in it. I think I'm going to be sick - I really do want to die right now. It was my first exam paper as well.
[Moderator edit: merged from other thread]
OK calm down. Its not a big deal. I'm sure they'rer more interested in your answers than if you numbered the pages correctly. Secondly, try to get in touch with your exams officer and see if they can sort it out for you tomorrow, before they get sent off.
You've already posted a thread like this. For the love of god please relax, I'm sure you will get your 100,000 A*s.
And I am not trying to be mean, but there's wanting to do well and there's just going overboard. Chill, its fine, just do the rest of the exams and be done with it.
I'm pretty sure the examiner will understand, and get used to coping because GCSE's are the easiest of the lot I'm afraid.
Reply 45
The point is, they might not be able to link my answers up together. Hence I will lose rather a lot of marks.
Reply 46
My fears are because it's marked electronically. I was stressing about the exam all day, just got myself calm before the exam and then, I do this.
well why dont you let a teacher know? they might be able ot let the exam board know.
Probably depends how much extra you wrote on that paper and how much it was worth, if it would have gained you alot of extra marks that you didnt already have then maybe detremental, however if it wasnt alot or you had alrady covered everything that could of gained you credit - no big deal.
Also examineers are human - they will still get your extra paper, just might have a job matching it up, they want you to get your marks, lets just hope they dont mind too much when they have to match it up. :smile:
Reply 49
I can't revise for my other exams knowing all this. I need motivation :/

Edit: if I get a bad mark due to this, could I ask for a remark?
CALM DOWN!!!! I forgot how much more stressed people become for their GCSEs as its their first proper exams lol.
Reply 51
I can't! I've messed up my first major exam! I can only hope that they scan it so that they can match it up, and if not then I'm in trouble.
don't worry about a thing- loads more people are stupider than you and some completely forget to even put their name on the front page - it's highly unlikely you get penalised for it and even if you did you could just request a remark, which wouldn't take that into consideration at all. Bon Chance!
Reply 53
Are markers really that generous?
monkee
Are markers really that generous?

depends - 'markers' as you call them don't tend to think unanimously, because they are mostly teachers from all around the countries and therefore all mark at varying levels of generosity, hence it's all down to luck. best of...:redface:
Reply 55
So is it Re youre talking about? sorry, im a little confused here... :smile:
Reply 56
:dong:
Lou76854
CALM DOWN!!!! I forgot how much more stressed people become for their GCSEs as its their first proper exams lol.
can you just shut up please? it doesn't matter........
get over it:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Hope you got it sorted. Just got an email from my exams officer saying they checked through various scripts, and had already noticed that I hadn't written my name, so pencilled it in for me.
Reply 59
Lol Chill out at least you wrote your candidate number and your centre number..remember your candidate number identifies you..Don't worry lol.

Latest