The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths (Edexcel) On Monday 19th

Hi, fellow TSR members I was wondering if anyone could help me in two problems and queries that I need advice and help one:

Firstly, as lods of people pointed out; there is a Maths exam on Monday 19th going on, for Higher and Foundation students. However, thanks to the lack of experience and complete stupidity of my teacher (I seriously don't know how he is a Maths teacher.) I've been put into the Foundation paper, considering my aim was for Higher. Not relying on my teacher I decided to work independently, as my GCSE are coming up... and i was wondering if anyone could guide me or even tell me (not exactly), but what might be coming up for the Foundation paper and which areas should I focus the most on. eg. Algebra, Numbers. etc

Secondly, are there any possibilities of anyone having access to these website for past Maths papers: http://www.churchillmaths.co.uk/

Thank You!!

I would highly appreciate any replies
Reply 1
anyone, any replies or suggestions?
Reply 2
it's non-calculator and foundation so all you'll need is algebra, graphs, angles transformations and maybe probability or something?

no trig though that's deffo calculator.
Reply 3
thanks a lot, 'Tallon' appreciate your replies?

But are there any other areas such as: Shapes area of circles and Percentages, Fractions and stuff like that that need consideration..

THANKS ONCE AGAIN!!!
Reply 4
I wouldn't worry about it.
I mean how hard are percentages? To work out a % of another number just divide small by big and times by 100.
eg: 100 divided by 200 is 0.5. times by 100 is 50. 50%. obviously it'll be harder in the exam.

Or adding percent just times by 1. whatever you need.
i.e for 10% increase times a number by 1.1
17 increase is times by 1.17

erm shapes and circles will probably come up. remember to know the REASON for it, not just the angles.
So that's tanjants 90* angles, alternate segment theorm, double angles in centre when subtended by the same arc, equal arcs, that sort of thing.

you'll be fine.
Reply 5
MAN YOUR GREAT THANKS FOR EVERYTHING...

But seriously, if it wasn't for my determination and grit on trying to do well for this GCSE, even decimals and the simplest things would have troubled me, but then agian thats what you get with a crap (sorry to say) teacher, as well as stinginess, can't even print me off some past papers. lol.

Thanks...
im actually stressing so much! i have so much to learn and also i need to get like 76 out of 100 on each paper for a grade c so thats a lot to get right in the paper. I also need dont know exactly what to revise for each paper. im pretty sure that algebra is going to come up.
Reply 7
xxx-Sarah-xxx
im actually stressing so much! i have so much to learn and also i need to get like 76 out of 100 on each paper for a grade c so thats a lot to get right in the paper. I also need dont know exactly what to revise for each paper. im pretty sure that algebra is going to come up.

To be honest, no one knows what exactly will come up, but i suspect Alegbra, angles and graphs are the most common, along maybe sometimes with problem solving (which i hate). IS IT REALLY 72 to get a (C) wow, man there must be no room for error.

Good Luck all the peeps doing there exams. I;m sure i definatley need it, lol
Reply 8
We've all got our strong points. Don't panic. If you panic blood rushes from your head to your body and you pump adrelerine and it makes you think less. lmao telling somebody that always makes me laugh because thne they panic more :biggrin:.
or just act very seriously, put a hand on each shoulder, look them in the eyes then say, "DON'T **** UP!!!".

but seriously though, just try your best and good luck with w/e you do afterwards.
Reply 9
Thanks, Good Luck to you as well, which is probably English Literature if your examining board is (AQA) man can't wait to show off my analysis. lol. I certainly have, great skills in English (or so to speak lol)

GOOD LUCK !!!!
Reply 10
http://www.churchillmaths.co.uk/: HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS FOR LOGINS and PASSWORD FOR THIS WEBSITE. Becoz its really good for past edexcel papers.. thank you
Reply 11
Anyone got the grade boundaries for Foundation and Higher?

Latest