The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Hi! I've been at Cardiff uni just over a month now and it's really good! Well, for me at least. The ppl I've met are quite friendly, even the bus drivers! One waited 8 minutes for me while i fumbled around trying to find enough change to pay the fare! There are lots of places to go out to - clubs (so far I've been to the Solus nightclub in the Student Union, Liquid and Creation), pubs, cinemas (I know of 2 large cinemas in town - UGC and Ster Century), karaoke bars, bowling, ice skating rink etc.
The accommodation is also quite good and although I don't have a network connection point in my room that allows me to get online, i'm only a minute away from the computer lab (which there are lots of here) so it's really easy to get internet access. Most of the halls are self-catered but it really isn't as scary as I thought it would be. If you stay at Talybont then you'd be really close to a massive Tesco Extra where you can get basically anything you need including frozen dinners.
Everything important is within walking distance which is another great thing about being here. You only have to pay for transport if you're really lazy and can't be bothered with walking. Oh and yes, you do feel quite safe here... or at least that's my experience.
Ummm... what else can I say? Anything else you want to know, just ask. :biggrin:

Khalid Maidan
hey

anyone out there who goes to cardiff or thinking of applying there for 2005. was just wondering what everyone thinks of it?

nice city?
nice people?
do you feel safe?
things to do?

any feedback would be much appreciated

best wishes and many thanks
khalid
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
i'm applying for cardiff to do geo economics. the cool thing is the cardiff barfly being like down the road from the campus!

Latest

Trending

Trending