The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick University - Eng Lit and Creative Writing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Oh wow you guys have done so well - E&CW at Warwick is *such* a competitive course!!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I'm almost definitely firming it. Will be a little sad if none of the awesome people I met on the open day have made it, but I haven't heard yet.

Well done, guys!
Reply 142
Super jealous!!
Well done everyone :smile:
Reply 143
Original post by Mouse Potato

OFFER!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

I'm actually shaking. I just squeaked on my boyfriend :'''''''''')

Seems many of us got UEA rejections yesterday... great ot have better news !!! ^^

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know I'm late lol. My rejection came through yesterday, but I'm really happy you got an offer! Well done :biggrin:
OFFER!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

I'm actually shaking. I just squeaked on my boyfriend :'''''''''')

Seems many of us got UEA rejections yesterday... great ot have better news !!! ^^

YAAAAAY! :hugs: I'm SO happy for you you have no idea! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Congratulations to everyone with offers!
Thank you guys!! ^^

Awh, sorry to hear that Leodora. :*( Good luck with your others!!

so, who is thinking of firming? I'm definitely doing so. Anyone had a look at accommodation yet? :]
Reply 146
I'm almost definitely firming. I started thinking about accommodation as soon as the offer came through :tongue: I'll probably go for the more expensive accommodation which has a shorter lease, seeing as the annual cost totals to not too much more than the longer rents for places like Rootes. We have a little while to think about it still though, thankfully! :smile:
Reply 147
*Backs away after seeing all the offers and being ever so slightly jealous...*
But no, seriously, well done those who got offers :biggrin: Just glad people from here got offers :smile:
Original post by OliS
I'm almost definitely firming. I started thinking about accommodation as soon as the offer came through :tongue: I'll probably go for the more expensive accommodation which has a shorter lease, seeing as the annual cost totals to not too much more than the longer rents for places like Rootes. We have a little while to think about it still though, thankfully! :smile:

I was thinking about that too... apparently Rootes can be quite loud and noisy, also it has potential building work going on lately.

By the way, if anyone is firming and wants my facebook, just let me know and I'll PM you. ^^
Reply 149
I was thinking about that too... apparently Rootes can be quite loud and noisy, also it has potential building work going on lately.

By the way, if anyone is firming and wants my facebook, just let me know and I'll PM you. ^^

I had a look around Rootes on one of the open days and the person showing us around said it gets really noisy. Facebook would be cool :smile: Same from me actually, if anyone's firming, just let me know and I'll PM you.
Reply 150

Don't worry about the building work, it's the new residences, which will be finished before you go (and possibly worth a look, although they'll probably be expensive...)

But yes, Rootes is noisy!
I'm starting the course, too, in October :smile: Cannot wait :woo:
Because of the social side, or...?
Because of the social side, or...?

Rootes is absolutely fine. People exaggerate. I never heard anyone complain overtly about the supposed "noise" or "activity" in Rootes ruining their life. I heard plenty of people complaining about the sinister and soul destroying silence and lack of social life in Heronbank et al. (might as well match hyperbole with hyperbole).
Original post by reviresco
Rootes is absolutely fine. People exaggerate. I never heard anyone complain overtly about the supposed "noise" or "activity" in Rootes ruining their life. I heard plenty of people complaining about the sinister and soul destroying silence and lack of social life in Heronbank et al. (might as well match hyperbole with hyperbole).

Thanks for the information! I quite liked Rootes and I can deal with social noise etc, I was just worried in case there was something else the matter that was worth knowing about. :]

Having so much trouble deciding, all of the accomodation looks so nice! :biggrin:
Thanks for the information! I quite liked Rootes and I can deal with social noise etc, I was just worried in case there was something else the matter that was worth knowing about. :]

Having so much trouble deciding, all of the accomodation looks so nice! :biggrin:

Check out the Warwick Accommodation Thread for some reviews by TSR users to gain a better picture of the atmosphere of what it is like to live in each of the halls :smile:
Original post by TheTallOne
Check out the Warwick Accommodation Thread for some reviews by TSR users to gain a better picture of the atmosphere of what it is like to live in each of the halls :smile:

Thanks! I've already read quite a lot of it a few weeks ago, it's a fantastic thread!! :biggrin: Trying to get every opinion I can before I choose though!
Hey guys- total n00b post!

I've just been sent an email confirming an interview for Eng Lit and Eng Lit/Creative Writing on the 24th. The email didn't say anything about a portfolio, but I know that candidates generally have to supply one- how did you guys find out about having to do one?

Look forward to talking to you!
:smile:
Original post by ConstantCritic
I've just been sent an email confirming an interview for Eng Lit and Eng Lit/Creative Writing on the 24th. The email didn't say anything about a portfolio, but I know that candidates generally have to supply one- how did you guys find out about having to do one?

Here is a snippet from my email invite to interview, word for word:
"You should also submit a typed portfolio of writing by postmark 14th February 2011. The portfolio may include poems, short stories, an excerpt from a longer work of fiction or a screenplay OR a combination of genres. It should be no fewer than ten pages and no more than sixteen pages in length. A brief commentary no more than two pages in length on the aims and processes involved in the contents of the portfolio may be submitted. No individual correspondence will be entered into on the nature of the portfolios, and all portfolios are non-returnable so please ensure you send copies and not originals. All work should be word-processed, single-spaced and left justified and you should use Times Roman, Palatino or Garamond of 12 point font-size."

It then details a name and postal address that the portfolio must be sent to. I needed to print it out and send it in an envelope. I'd suggest re-checking the email. :smile: Otherwise, perhaps send them an extra message. Was this email written to invite you to an interview, face to face?
Reply 159
Hey, i'm a third year on that course. I'm not sure if it has changed since I went for interview etc but I was told about the portfolio via the interview letter. It had details of when to send it/what to include in it etc etc. x

Quick Reply

Latest