The Student Room Group

English lit AQA

Hey ,

Im looking for an A* in Lit if i can. I got around 51/54 average in my courseworks overall.

How much do u reckon i need in the exam to get an A* overall? I know that the notational boundaries are 25/27 and 33/36 for A* in the exam but i know due to UMS this changes.

What do u reckon i need in the exam to get an A*? Thanks

Can i get advice from people who previously took their GCSEs and know what the usual boundary is to get an A* out of 200 (UMS)
Reply 1
please?lol
They're flexible. Only way your going to find out is when you open your results in August :frown:
Reply 3
Last year it was 175 for an A* and 152 for an A. UMS is NOT used in AQA GCSE English however, the raw marks are just scaled up using a weighting factor to achieve the subject mark which changes.

If it was converted to uniform marks the UMS boundaries would not change.
Reply 4
Same here. I don't think I've got one though. Pretty sure that my exam was a middle highest B grade, even though I got 54/57 in my coursework. Overall it's probably going to be an A :frown:
Reply 5
I want to know how I did already!
Reply 6
I answered all the questions correctly but I dont think my points were just killer enough. I just think that if i can get a mid-high A in the exam i can get an A* overall....... dunno 3 months to wait!!!!!!!!
Reply 7
Hmm, i'd imagine the very minimum is a high A, grade boundaries for english coursework always seem high...
Reply 8
anyone had death of a salesman and 1984?

Latest