The Student Room Group

Top-up Degree in Education Studies or Fine Art?

Hi everyone!

Wondering if anyone could give me their opinion...

I wish to go on to study a PGCE, but I am unsure if I want to do Primary or Secondary Art and Design.

I have the choice to either study BA (Hons) Education Studies Top-Up (Due to my experience) at Uni of Portsmouth, or BA (Hons) Fine Art Top-Up at University of Kent.

Would it look better to continue down the line of Art?

Any opinions would be helpful :smile:
Reply 1
Please get a second opinion, but I would say stick to art, especially as you are unsure which sector to go in. If you ever want to leave education this will be tough with a education degree.
Hey!
At the University of Kent there is a Unibuddy system where prospective students like yourself, can talk to current students studying the same course. This could be helpful for you to see what kinds of things people studying the Fine Art Top Up course are looking at going into, how they found it, and what their job prospects are like. Here is the link in case you are interested; https://www.kent.ac.uk/unibuddy/

Also could be worth checking out the Kent Careers and Employability service to see how they could help you when you've finished your qualifications or what doors doing the Fine Art qualification could open up for you. This is their website; https://www.kent.ac.uk/ces/

Although I can't really help you make your decision, if you have any questions about studying or life at Kent then please do feel free to ask :smile:
Original post by Dmitch
Hi everyone!

Wondering if anyone could give me their opinion...

I wish to go on to study a PGCE, but I am unsure if I want to do Primary or Secondary Art and Design.

I have the choice to either study BA (Hons) Education Studies Top-Up (Due to my experience) at Uni of Portsmouth, or BA (Hons) Fine Art Top-Up at University of Kent.

Would it look better to continue down the line of Art?

Any opinions would be helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending