The Student Room Group

Becoming a teacher in Switzerland?

I want to become a secondary teacher someday (Year 7-11)I am currently finishing up my IGCSEs, and I hope to do A levles. I want to study somewhere in Switzerland in a German PH (teaching college). Has anyone ever done something like this? Tips?
Original post by tvkradi22
I want to become a secondary teacher someday (Year 7-11)I am currently finishing up my IGCSEs, and I hope to do A levles. I want to study somewhere in Switzerland in a German PH (teaching college). Has anyone ever done something like this? Tips?

You will need to give more details about where you are now for people to give advice. I mean, if you are already a Swiss citizen at an international school in Geneva the advice would be different to if you are at school in the UK with no language but English.
Sorry, that was a little daft of me. I’m currently in an international school in Zambia (Africa) and I am part of a Swiss family, so I do speak German. I took German as a first language and I am still awaiting my results.
Original post by threeportdrift
You will need to give more details about where you are now for people to give advice. I mean, if you are already a Swiss citizen at an international school in Geneva the advice would be different to if you are at school in the UK with no language but English.
Original post by tvkradi22
Sorry, that was a little daft of me. I’m currently in an international school in Zambia (Africa) and I am part of a Swiss family, so I do speak German. I took German as a first language and I am still awaiting my results.

Then I should think you are well set up. I guess the first step would be to google what the entry requirements are and whether A levels are accepted.

Is teaching an undergrad or post grad qualification in Switzerland? In some countries you can go straight to university and get a teaching qualification, in others it has to be done after any other regular undergrad degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending