The Student Room Group

I didn't finish a question? Can I still get an A grade

So I had my A-level History exam yesterday and there were two questions, an essay question and source question. I stupidly started with the essay question because I just wanted to get it out the way and because I had literally just revised that so all the knowledge was fresh in my head, but I ended up going over time and left literally no time for the source question. I only wrote the intro, one paragraph and like half of the second paragraph. It was really rushed and I completely forgot the structure. What I'm basically asking is if I can still get an A grade? I've already done paper 1 and that went okay, I answered all the question, but again it was rushed and I still have one more paper left which I can do well in. I also have my coursework which is like an A/A* grade. I'm just really stressed as I really need an A to get into uni and I'm worried I let my self down by not finishing the question :frown:
Original post by samiyaq
So I had my A-level History exam yesterday and there were two questions, an essay question and source question. I stupidly started with the essay question because I just wanted to get it out the way and because I had literally just revised that so all the knowledge was fresh in my head, but I ended up going over time and left literally no time for the source question. I only wrote the intro, one paragraph and like half of the second paragraph. It was really rushed and I completely forgot the structure. What I'm basically asking is if I can still get an A grade? I've already done paper 1 and that went okay, I answered all the question, but again it was rushed and I still have one more paper left which I can do well in. I also have my coursework which is like an A/A* grade. I'm just really stressed as I really need an A to get into uni and I'm worried I let my self down by not finishing the question :frown:

Possibly if you did really well on the rest. It is only one essay from how many?
Mistiming is a cardinal sin and you simply do not run out of time because you have thrown away easy marks. It is important you manage your time during the exam and constantly check where you are in the question to make sure you finish roughly on time. Exam practice makes you better at finishing on time. You will have to wait and see. You had better hope your other answers were A* standard.
Reply 2
It's one essay out of the two on that paper. I mean did half of the answer, I didn't miss it completely. Do you think I could still get an A?
Original post by 999tigger
Possibly if you did really well on the rest. It is only one essay from how many?
Mistiming is a cardinal sin and you simply do not run out of time because you have thrown away easy marks. It is important you manage your time during the exam and constantly check where you are in the question to make sure you finish roughly on time. Exam practice makes you better at finishing on time. You will have to wait and see. You had better hope your other answers were A* standard.
Original post by samiyaq
It's one essay out of the two on that paper. I mean did half of the answer, I didn't miss it completely. Do you think I could still get an A?

Possibly if your other answers were good enough i.e A* level or very high A.
Reply 4
Original post by samiyaq

what did you end up getting??

Quick Reply

Latest