The Student Room Group

How to get started with a career in counselling?

Hiyya, was wondering if anbody had any tips on how i would go about persuing a career in counselling. Ideally i would like to see how other people have gotten recognised by ucas and have been successful in starting to persue the career. Its almost like where do i even start? Im 20 years old and have my own flat. Moving back with parents isnt an option for me either. Online courses? Thoughts? Are they recognised? What do i look for if they are? Any reccommendations would be highly appreciated!!
Original post by Ollies_momma
Hiyya, was wondering if anbody had any tips on how i would go about persuing a career in counselling. Ideally i would like to see how other people have gotten recognised by ucas and have been successful in starting to persue the career. Its almost like where do i even start? Im 20 years old and have my own flat. Moving back with parents isnt an option for me either. Online courses? Thoughts? Are they recognised? What do i look for if they are? Any reccommendations would be highly appreciated!!

What qualifications do you have so far? This might be a good place to get started with reading up on it further! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending