The Student Room Group

What if I meet partly of my firm offer?

I'm doin an access course and I have an offer from DMU. They want me to have 15 credits to merit with maths. I will be likely fail in maths. However, I have passed my access course with 36 credits and I was wondering if anyone can suggest me or give me an insights. I hope I do get accepted because I got more than what they asked for and maybe drop the maths out. Because I'm doing law with criminology and they told me I need maths generally for employment. But my sister wants to do biomed and they didn't put in her offer that she needs maths, which is quite confusing because maths revolves around science .

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Taasassssyyyy
I'm doin an access course and I have an offer from DMU. They want me to have 15 credits to merit with maths. I will be likely fail in maths. However, I have passed my access course with 36 credits and I was wondering if anyone can suggest me or give me an insights. I hope I do get accepted because I got more than what they asked for and maybe drop the maths out. Because I'm doing law with criminology and they told me I need maths generally for employment. But my sister wants to do biomed and they didn't put in her offer that she needs maths, which is quite confusing because maths revolves around science .

Thanks in advance :smile:

If they say 15 maths credits and you dont have them then you have failed to meet the offer.
An access course is 45 credits so how are you passing yours with 36? How have you got more than what they asked for?

It is up to them whether they let you in and I cant really see why you need maths, but its their course.
Speak to them.

What grades did you get btw for your 45 credits? DMP?
In short there's 45 credits in total and I got around 33-36 credit to a merit and no distinction ( it's very hard) and they asked for only 15 credit which is such a low requirement and I'm happy I got more than I needed. It's just the maths I'm worried about!

Btw i did Access to criminology and there are 4 subjects to study which includes ; law, psychology, sociology and criminology . It sure was hard but got there in the end :biggrin:
Original post by 999tigger
If they say 15 maths credits and you dont have them then you have failed to meet the offer.
An access course is 45 credits so how are you passing yours with 36? How have you got more than what they asked for?

It is up to them whether they let you in and I cant really see why you need maths, but its their course.
Speak to them.

What grades did you get btw for your 45 credits? DMP?
In short there's 45 credits in total and I got around 33-36 credit to a merit and no distinction ( it's very hard) and they asked for only 15 credit which is such a low requirement and I'm happy I got more than I needed. It's just the maths I'm worried about!

Btw i did Access to criminology and there are 4 subjects to study which includes ; law, psychology, sociology and criminology . It sure was hard but got there in the end :biggrin:

Again if they say 15 credits in Maths at merit and you dont get 15 credits in maths at merit then you have not met the offer and it is up to them whether they decide to let you in or not.
No I meant maths GCSE I need a C or D at least and 15 credits is for my course I need to pass my course I got 33 from my course so I successfully complete that it's just GCSE maths I'm concerned with .
Original post by 999tigger
Again if they say 15 credits in Maths at merit and you dont get 15 credits in maths at merit then you have not met the offer and it is up to them whether they decide to let you in or not.
No I meant maths GCSE I need a C or D at least and 15 credits is for my course I need to pass my course I got 33 from my course so I successfully complete that it's just GCSE maths I'm concerned with .

Why didnt you make that clear in your first post or any of the subsequent ones?
If you fail maths then it is at their discretion, but most unis these days it is compulsory to have. Only they can tell you.

Maybe academic study is not for you if you found the access course hard. Lot of money to waste if that is the case
I have passed my Acess course they only wanted 15 credits which is nothing! And I got 33 credits which I'm pleased. However, they also want maths gcse and they said it's for future employment and they said that they can still make a decision based on personal statement and grades. So I guess I have 50/50 chance ...
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Maybe academic study is not for you if you found the access course hard. Lot of money to waste if that is the case

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending