The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Preponderance method Kent uni

Hi, my uni does a degree classification called preponderance method. I'm really not sure how this works though it seems really confusing.Does anyone know how it works?it says the grade boundaries on page 15 here https://www.kent.ac.uk/teaching/documents/quality-assurance/credit-framework/CFramewk 2011-12.pdfmy 2nd year is worth 40% and 3rd year is worth 60%Thanks in advance
Reply 1
did you ever find an answer to this, I'm so confused trying to understand it. my current understanding is that it requires an average 3% less than the average band BUT you need 50% of credits at wishing that grade band. e.g. an average of 57 with 50% of credits 60 and above. my other question is what happens if 40% of marks are in a 2:1 band and 40% are in 1:1 band, does that equal a 2:1 or is preponderance not applicable as you don't have 50% WITHIN a boundry?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by aza_54_
did you ever find an answer to this, I'm so confused trying to understand it. my current understanding is that it requires an average 3% less than the average band BUT you need 50% of credits at wishing that grade band. e.g. an average of 57 with 50% of credits 60 and above. my other question is what happens if 40% of marks are in a 2:1 band and 40% are in 1:1 band, does that equal a 2:1 or is preponderance not applicable as you don't have 50% WITHIN a boundry?

So yes, as long as you have 50% of all credits (120) in the upper band and you average a score <3% to the upper band, you are given that upper band. Yo answer you second question, no you need 50% of credits in the upper band

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending