The Student Room Group

Cambridge Online Assessment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aaron_teooo
Hi Agnesyiyaya,

I am exactly at the same stage as you. I requested to have an online assessment on 1st August 2019 and haven't heard from the LC up to now. However, I have copied the reply from someone who has done this test recently. I hope it will be of great value to you. I will update you immediately once I had any update and will let you know more details once I have done this test myself. I hope you wont be as stressful as me. Have a nice day!

Reading: Summarize 2 articles + add your own opinion in 300 words
Listening: Summarize 10 min lecture in 200 words
Writing: Answer three questions: (1) what is your PhD about; (2) honest overview of your English skills; (3) rewrite passage in academic language.

There was no time limit but you have to do it in one sitting.
I took it an easy assignment and that was my mistake I think, spent 2.5 hours all in all.
…show less
----
Before, I took the exam, I tried to think of what I could write for the writing part. Other than that, there is not much to prepare for to be honest.
Compared to IELTS, it is much more relaxed (time-wise and stylistically). There are no multiple choices, no fill in the blanks, so tricks. You read/ listen and write about it, so it is all up to you and your abilities since there is no time constraint either.

Hi mate thanks for sharing this and I've found it very helpful. I am about to take the assessment, and I would like to enquire how many times I can listen to the lecture for the listening test? Thank you :smile:
Original post by J. C.
Hi mate thanks for sharing this and I've found it very helpful. I am about to take the assessment, and I would like to enquire how many times I can listen to the lecture for the listening test? Thank you :smile:

Hi, I also have to take LC assessment test soon. can you please offer me some advice. about the pattern (how much time is allotted for each section) and how much words are we expected to write an essay. Also, I would like to know how invigilation is done in these tests. My laptop does not have webcam. So, should I purchase one for Exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending