The Student Room Group

Gaining muscle for skinny guy

or
(edited 3 years ago)
Right, I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this sort of thing but I’ve been going to the gym for about 11 months and in that time have gained about 15 kg.

The first thing you want to do is get good form on a number of exercises and get a routine that works for you.

In regards to diet if you want to gain weight you simply have to consume more than you burn.

If I were you first 3 months I would just settle into a routine of going to the gym. After that you can think about diet but you will put on muscle with ease to start with as long as you are putting in some extra calories.
Original post by SteveyStack
Right, I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this sort of thing but I’ve been going to the gym for about 11 months and in that time have gained about 15 kg.

The first thing you want to do is get good form on a number of exercises and get a routine that works for you.

In regards to diet if you want to gain weight you simply have to consume more than you burn.

If I were you first 3 months I would just settle into a routine of going to the gym. After that you can think about diet but you will put on muscle with ease to start with as long as you are putting in some
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest