The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
supersam7
By the way, is hayfever as "useless" to complain about as a cold?

Omg I can't believe you're literally inventing new excuses.

Yes, hayfever is as "useless" to complain about as a cold. Do you know how many people suffer from hayfever, and June is the time these people suffer the most, so there is no doubt that a lot of people would have been suffering the same problem!!
oh dear god people, i get hayfever (like probs millions of other people around the world)...in summer exams, i often...again probs like millions around the world, have a cold in nov/jan exams...i wouldnt think of telling a uni, there more likely to laugh, some people have real reasons, like a death of a family member/they themselves have been seriously injured:rolleyes:
Reply 42
Seems that some universities are getting a bit sick of all the reasons for not doing well:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/education/article4073315.ece

"But the University of Manchester report says students need to learn to deal with problems as a part of life rather than excuses for poor performance. “The university is not here to provide the solution,” the report says, and urges students to take “personal responsibility” for their results."

University of Manchester slaps you on the wrist.
dont slap him on the wrist...he may get hurt:wink:
Reply 44
Veecee
Seems that some universities are getting a bit sick of all the reasons for not doing well:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/education/article4073315.ece

"But the University of Manchester report says students need to learn to deal with problems as a part of life rather than excuses for poor performance. “The university is not here to provide the solution,” the report says, and urges students to take “personal responsibility” for their results."

University of Manchester slaps you on the wrist.

That's pretty funny! It is just ridiculous though, it sounds like a lot of people are trying to gain an unfair advantage because of the most stupid things.
Think Ive heard some funny ones at uni but I managed to over 2 weeks before having appendicitis and a week before getting an kidney infection. But having a cold is a bad reason or a gold fish died had someone get to resit for a sore throat. Turns out I cant get extra makrs but an aggrogate pass not good wen u need 70% so fingers crossed my uni will accept a few % under.

Latest

Trending

Trending