The Student Room Group

Manchester uni and Gcses

Are they fussed with gcse results?
You need a certain amount of GCSEs and pass them however for certain subjects like maybe English you might need a specific grade like a 6?
They want you to have passed English and maths
Reply 3
Original post by PetitePanda
You need a certain amount of GCSEs and pass them however for certain subjects like maybe English you might need a specific grade like a 6?

I have a 7 in english but a 4 in maths, I know that you do need to have passed in general, but I'm thinking more of the possibility I wouldn't get an offer because I performed pretty badly in other gcses :/

I want to do politics, and I know it can be quite a competitive course
Original post by Krjones
I have a 7 in english but a 4 in maths, I know that you do need to have passed in general, but I'm thinking more of the possibility I wouldn't get an offer because I performed pretty badly in other gcses :/

Oh no they don’t care about GCSEs as long as you get the requirements. They care more about your a levels since it’s higher education qualification than gcse and your personal statement and maybe interview.
Hi there, i know its been a while since you origionally posted. Basically, I am in a similar predicament, I didnt sit my GCSE's due to covid so got an 8 in english and a 5 in maths. I was wondering if you got in, and if not manchester, where else accepted you. thank you!
Original post by Krjones

Quick Reply

Latest