The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Is anyone planning to start Solent in Sept 2020?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by maddiefish74
hi! got an interview in a few weeks for Television Production and really wanting to come to Solent so hope it goes well!

Ooh! Good luck :smile:
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Original post by charlocat
Ooh! Good luck :smile:

thank you!
Hi! OMG- that's so cool. There is absolutely NO need to be concerned about your age when going back into education. I am super proud of you for taking the step back into education- not a lot of people can do that! I guess I need to take my advice myself. :tongue: Can I recommend that you ask your lecturers to use Live Transcribe? Or you might find it useful in class - basically, it live transcribes conversations so it might make it easier for you if you're hard of hearing :smile: (Sorry, it's my job to know about this stuff!) I hope you get accepted. :smile: Good luck!

Thank you lol

I am profoundly deaf - not hard of hearing. Hard of hearing are them who have some hearing and even with hearing aids, whereas profoundly deaf do not.

Anyway, with DSA fundings, I will get BSL Interpreter (British Sign Language) or a notetaker for every classes. I have never used Live Transcribe as I am concerned if it will picked up exactly words ?!!!
Original post by tillieshipway
I'm looking at studying popular music performance and production. Unsure about what accommodation would be best tho?

hey, I ended up going for perf and prod. I got an unconditional. I'm not sure about accommodation either.
Original post by Solent University
Hi @Aiiiiiiimeeee

How exciting that it is just around the corner. Do you feel you are prepared? Do you have your travel arrangements sorted and do you know where you are heading to? If they haven’t given you all the information yet, don’t panic, I’m sure they will shortly!

Let us know if you’d like any help or advice in the mean time!

Best of luck,

Izzy :cute:

Travel arrangements are all sorted, all I’ve been told is to be at the spark building at 9am I think (can’t remember without looking) I’m not sure about the structure of the day either but I guess I’ll be told that when I arrive
Reply 25
Original post by t grizzly
hey, I've taken a gap year and im looking to go. im looking to study either marketing or popular music performance. I don't know anyone else going so it would be good to make some friends beforehand!

i'm thinking about the marketing or child development + psychology course. :smile: my best friend is going and he's applied for law, psych and fashion. but i'd still like to make more friends as i definitely want to immerse myself in the uni xp.
Reply 26
Original post by tillieshipway
I'm looking at studying popular music performance and production. Unsure about what accommodation would be best tho?

I was thinking about going into Kimber as it seems the most chilled. not really a party gal.
Reply 27
Original post by brandone02
Hey! Hoping to study at Solent in September. I have an interview for Television Production in December so fingers crossed.

Oh, how did it go?
I was thinking about going into Kimber as it seems the most chilled. not really a party gal.

I might look into that aswell, I’m not a big party person either hahahaha
i'm thinking about the marketing or child development + psychology course. :smile: my best friend is going and he's applied for law, psych and fashion. but i'd still like to make more friends as i definitely want to immerse myself in the uni xp.

100% agree, have you looked at accom?
Reply 30
I might look into that aswell, I’m not a big party person either hahahaha

yeah, i visited and defo the best. i'd avoid deanery because that's the party house.
Reply 31
100% agree, have you looked at accom?

yeees, i went to an open day in sept and fell in love with kimber. the rooms are quite small though - luckily for me, i'm 5ft so don't need a lot of room. a ton of negative reviews on sites for all of 'em but that's just students :wink:
Hello. Went really well thanks. I got an offer which is my firm!
Oh, how did it go?
Reply 33
Yay! I am so happy for you. :biggrin:

Original post by brandone02
Hello. Went really well thanks. I got an offer which is my firm!
hey, I ended up going for perf and prod. I got an unconditional. I'm not sure about accommodation either.

Hi @t grizzly,

Congratulations on your unconditional offer! It can be tricky deciding what accommodation to go for as there are so many options- I know I struggled with this when I was choosing! If you haven't looked already, information about all of Solent's student residences are available here, which may help your decision. The student residences are really close to one another and a short walk away from both the University and city centre.

If you need anymore help or advice with anything to do with accommodation or student life, please ask!

Eloise :smile:
I applied 3 weeks ago for nursing course, hasnt got any respond though 😢
Original post by Marina_w
I applied 3 weeks ago for nursing course, hasnt got any respond though 😢

so do I for both Fashion Buying & Merchandising AND Sports Journalism with Solent
I guess they are all very busy, goodluck
Original post by Marina_w
I guess they are all very busy, goodluck

According to UCAS, we can wait till 6th May !!!!!! But hopefully we will know about it asap - the sooner the better for us. Too much stress WAITING for the outcome!!
Original post by GatoMessi
According to UCAS, we can wait till 6th May !!!!!! But hopefully we will know about it asap - the sooner the better for us. Too much stress WAITING for the outcome!!

Im dying waiting for the result...while read from other student they got interview and offer....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending