The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Is anyone planning to start Solent in Sept 2020?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marina_w
Im dying waiting for the result...while read from other student they got interview and offer....

Do you only have Solent?
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Original post by GatoMessi
Do you only have Solent?

No i applied winchester, solent, southampton, bournemouth n portsmouth, how about u?
Reply 42
Gonna be studying Sport Marketing after completing a foundation year at Solent 2 years ago and not liking my course this academic year so starting again in 2020!!😬
No i applied winchester, solent, southampton, bournemouth n portsmouth, how about u?

Wow locally.

I've applied 2 from Solent; 1 from Epsom and 1 from LCF (London), and I have withdrew the Leicester.

I wanted to have one in Portsmouth & Winchester as well but they do not have the course that I wanted to study.
Hi @GatoMessi and @Marina_w

Please don’t worry about the time it takes for offers to come through. For some it’s quick and others it’s a little longer. This can be due to the number of applicants, the University’s processing speed, the course you have applied to or a multitude of other reasons.

As you’ve already seen, you officially have until 6th May to receive offers. Mine came though earlier (December/January) but I also applied earlier (I think November or early December?) so I’m not sure if that sped up the process at all.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the meantime, but don’t panic!

We hope to hear from you soon with very exciting news!

Izzy :smile:
Original post by Solent University

Please don’t worry about the time it takes for offers to come through. For some it’s quick and others it’s a little longer. This can be due to the number of applicants, the University’s processing speed, the course you have applied to or a multitude of other reasons.

As you’ve already seen, you officially have until 6th May to receive offers. Mine came though earlier (December/January) but I also applied earlier (I think November or early December?) so I’m not sure if that sped up the process at all.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the meantime, but don’t panic!

Thank you Lizzy

I have a Transition Day on the 20th February, and would appreciate to receive any offers before then :smile: Hopefully !!!

Hi @GatoMessi & @Marina_w
I hope things are going well for you with your university choices (we hope to see you in September!) :wink:

We would appreciate if you could give us your vote on this thread, as we are up for the chance of winning University Representatives of the year (it would be even more amazing for us as we are students ourselves!)

Thank you for your time,

Izzy:flower2:
Hi @GatoMessi & @Marina_w
I hope things are going well for you with your university choices (we hope to see you in September!) :wink:

We would appreciate if you could give us your vote on this thread, as we are up for the chance of winning University Representatives of the year (it would be even more amazing for us as we are students ourselves!)

Thank you for your time,

Izzy:flower2:

Well my application for BA (Hons) in Fashion Buying & Merchandising with Solent University has been unsuccessful though I have offered a place unconditionally with Epsom's University for the Creative Arts for almost the same course!

It claimed that I do not meet the standard requirement to enter the Solent's course though I have 2 'A' Levels, 4 distinctions & 4 merits in HND and a 14 years work experience in Fashion. Minimum 96 tariff points with Solent compare to 112 with Epsom's UCA!! I have met the minimum standard requirement according to their website !!!

I am very happy to get offered in Epsom's UCA as it is my birthplace (I live in Portsmouth) but at the same time I am very disappointed with Solent University.
Well my application for BA (Hons) in Fashion Buying & Merchandising with Solent University has been unsuccessful though I have offered a place unconditionally with Epsom's University for the Creative Arts for almost the same course!

It claimed that I do not meet the standard requirement to enter the Solent's course though I have 2 'A' Levels, 4 distinctions & 4 merits in HND and a 14 years work experience in Fashion. Minimum 96 tariff points with Solent compare to 112 with Epsom's UCA!! I have met the minimum standard requirement according to their website !!!

I am very happy to get offered in Epsom's UCA as it is my birthplace (I live in Portsmouth) but at the same time I am very disappointed with Solent University.

Hi @GatoMessi

What a shame! That seems very strange to me. Are you able to message me privately with your name and a few more details and I can look into this further for you? It would be a shame for you to miss out if this is simply a mix up.

Thank you,

Hi, sorry to hear that, but what a relief got epsom's uni. Did you get chance to have interview? I havent heard any respons from solent, ring them yesterday, admission team said i should get respond next week.
Hi @GatoMessi

What a shame! That seems very strange to me. Are you able to message me privately with your name and a few more details and I can look into this further for you? It would be a shame for you to miss out if this is simply a mix up.

Thank you,

Thank you very much but I have already contact the admission office and have received the reply yesterday. It is being sorted out
Hi, sorry to hear that, but what a relief got epsom's uni. Did you get chance to have interview? I havent heard any respons from solent, ring them yesterday, admission team said i should get respond next week.

Good luck and hopefully you will get the answer you wanted. Let us know when you have received the offer.

No, I did not get an interview with Epsom's UCA though I did attend the Open Day last week. I do not know if I will get an interview though I got a place unconditionally
Thank you very much but I have already contact the admission office and have received the reply yesterday. It is being sorted out

Hi @GatoMessi

I’m glad you’ve had a response. It would be nice to have a reason from the admissions office, perhaps you were overlooked in some way?

I hope it’s good news, please keep us updated!

Thank you,

Good luck and hopefully you will get the answer you wanted. Let us know when you have received the offer.

No, I did not get an interview with Epsom's UCA though I did attend the Open Day last week. I do not know if I will get an interview though I got a place unconditionally

Thank you, hope you are all sorted and able to join solent
Hiya!

Im starting in September 2020 as a mature student (25/f) to study International Travel and Tourism Management :smile: Havent chosen my accommodation yet, not sure what to pick!
Hi @GatoMessi

I’m glad you’ve had a response. It would be nice to have a reason from the admissions office, perhaps you were overlooked in some way?

I hope it’s good news, please keep us updated!

Thank you,

I doubt it was an overlooked! They asked me to send them reference. Today, I received a letter saying "Unfortunately, the original decision still stands. However we recommend looking into an Access to Higher Education course and we would be happy to consider an application for 2021 entry."

The reference hasn't been used, so why asking me for the reference.

I have:

met minimum standard qualifcations (2 A Levels plus HND (4 x Distinctions, 4 x Merit)
am a mature student
And, most importantly, I have 14 years work experience for the relevant course

The course is: Fashion Buying & Merchandising

However, I am going to seek legal action against Solent University.
I doubt it was an overlooked! They asked me to send them reference. Today, I received a letter saying "Unfortunately, the original decision still stands. However we recommend looking into an Access to Higher Education course and we would be happy to consider an application for 2021 entry."

I have:

met minimum standard qualifcations (2 A Levels plus HND (4 x Distinctions, 4 x Merit)
am a mature student

Hi @GatoMessi

I have spoken to the admissions team and they have assured me your application has not been overlooked. They advised me that in some situations, especially if you have been out of study for a while, the Admissions and Enrolment Team advise applicants to consider taking an access course to ensure they are ready for the academic element of the course.

If you would like to appeal this decision, you can do so as per the Admissions policy:

RIGHTS OF COMPLAINT OR APPEAL
83. Where an applicant is dissatisfied with the application process, they may make a complaint in writing to the Admissions and Enrolment Team Manager who will investigate the issue(s) and report back to the applicant within 20 working days.
84. Where an applicant is dissatisfied with the application decision, they may make an appeal in writing to the Admissions and Enrolment Team Manager who will investigate the decision and report back to the applicant within 20 working days.

I hope this has helped, please let me know if there is anymore I can do.

Thank you,

Izzy

I have:

am a mature student

I got offer as well but foundation degrees so unfortunely i had to decline the offer as i got another 2 uni offer me place, so i choose the closest to me. Please dont waste your time, go to other uni that give you offer. Goodluck
I got offer as well but foundation degrees so unfortunely i had to decline the offer as i got another 2 uni offer me place, so i choose the closest to me. Please dont waste your time, go to other uni that give you offer. Goodluck

Already got an unconditional offer from Epsom's UCA. They have higher "minimum" requirement than of Solent !!!

I haven't accepted yet as still waiting for 1 more to go

By he way, good luck in September
Submit reply
Already got an unconditional offer from Epsom's UCA. They have higher "minimum" requirement than of Solent !!!

I haven't accepted yet as still waiting for 1 more to go

By he way, good luck in September
Submit reply

Hi @GatoMessi

I have spoken to the admissions team and they have assured me your application has not been overlooked. They advised me that in some situations, especially if you have been out of study for a while, the Admissions and Enrolment Team advise applicants to consider taking an access course to ensure they are ready for the academic element of the course.

If you would like to appeal this decision, you can do so as per the Admissions policy:

RIGHTS OF COMPLAINT OR APPEAL
83. Where an applicant is dissatisfied with the application process, they may make a complaint in writing to the Admissions and Enrolment Team Manager who will investigate the issue(s) and report back to the applicant within 20 working days.
84. Where an applicant is dissatisfied with the application decision, they may make an appeal in writing to the Admissions and Enrolment Team Manager who will investigate the decision and report back to the applicant within 20 working days.

I hope this has helped, please let me know if there is anymore I can do.

Thank you,

Izzy

" if you have been out of study for a while" I had 14 years work experience (relevant to this course) and was OUT of it just September last year!!!

I am NOT going to do any ACCESS courses because I am not getting any younger and it will be 4 years before I graduated which will push closer to retirement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending