The Student Room Group

Strongman - Journey to British Novice Finals

Scroll to see replies

Mate the 300 looked like an opener. I saw the video and was like, "That's his opener, where's the 300?". Looked like you probably had 310 or 320 in you!
Links?

Or do I need to join Instagram?I don't do social media apart from TSR and LinkedIn.
Original post by silent ninja
Links?

Or do I need to join Instagram?I don't do social media apart from TSR and LinkedIn.

I think you can view insta on a PC without an account 🤔🤔🤔
Original post by illusionz
Mate the 300 looked like an opener. I saw the video and was like, "That's his opener, where's the 300?". Looked like you probably had 310 or 320 in you!

It felt soo easy. Wanted to rep a few more out

The heaviest ive been programmed on deads has been 250 the past few weeks as well.
I agree with illusionz, could have even convinced me it’s your top warmup
Welcomed week off lifting. Forearm still pretty bad. Might need couple months let the tendons rest. Doesn't affect most lifts just pull ups and log clean. Still squat, dead and bb press fine.

Going to focus on some lighter weights and recovery/ flexibility work this side of Christmas. Still going to try keep calories up and pack on the weight

Two big comps next year planned. May and September. Probably add one earlier (another brits qualifier) and one later with heavier weights to push myself.

May not post much unless anything exciting happens. Have a good Christmas ! 💪
You too
Thought id keep posting for my own motivation.

5000 cals is the target each day. On 4000 as of writing this and next meal will bring that upto my target so happy with that. Still need to try get breakfast in.

Training:
Squats today - light to get back into it. Refrained from using a belt to target my core and im trying to reduce any support in training so when it comes to PBs/comps everythings easy.

150 4*10 (cardio)
150*15 (aim was 3 off amrap but was more like 6/7 off...belt pinched pretty bad so stopped)

OHP tomorrow.
I find posting here helps with motivation and accountability (don't have a coach).

Also it's nice to see what other people are doing, you're damn strong so always interested to read.
Strict OHP.....didnt feel good going into this but.......

60kg 4*10
60*25 (2/3 off max) felt really good. Didnt struggle at all till 21/22 reps.

Hitting 5000 cals today again with next meal 💪
You're definitely the strongest guy on here for the last half a decade at least. one plate for 25 is erotic fanfic
Strongest guy since Matt Giffifths (user account Powerlifter), you probably have him on FB being midlands based (mteach).
Original post by Gone Revising II
Strongest guy since Matt Giffifths (user account Powerlifter), you probably have him on FB being midlands based (mteach).

There was an American poster after powerlifter, who broke some state strongman stuff when I first joined. I have looked for him a few times but can never remember his name. Ilidian Stormrage had a monster OHP too but he's been gone a long time.
Scooby on gear was pretty damn strong too, but not sure he ever pulled 300
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Angry cucumber
You're definitely the strongest guy on here for the last half a decade at least. one plate for 25 is erotic fanfic

Thanks!

Plan is Britain's strongest within next 6 years. (By 30). Want to see myself on TV haha.
Would be amazing to see you get there. I admire the strongman stuff, proper athletes.

I've been following Eddie Hall's channel lately on YouTube. It's entertaining. He's famous for the 500kg deadlift, but I remember him hitting the strongman scene and he was always insanely strong and a bit of a character. Much smaller now but still incredibly strong (and humble yet confident as always).
Original post by silent ninja
Would be amazing to see you get there. I admire the strongman stuff, proper athletes.

I've been following Eddie Hall's channel lately on YouTube. It's entertaining. He's famous for the 500kg deadlift, but I remember him hitting the strongman scene and he was always insanely strong and a bit of a character. Much smaller now but still incredibly strong (and humble yet confident as always).

I will win British Novices next year then after that it'll be working on big boy weights. Enter some comps as an Open and go against heavy guys.

Im not sure what made him, his 500 pull or his WSM win 🤔. I think he would have stopped after his WSM win even if he hadn't pulled 500. But then he's known for that deadlift more than anything.

While im posting may aswell set my plan for tomorrow.

Deadlifts:
165 4*10
165*30 (2/3 off Max) allowing 5/10 seconds rest if im struggling to breath. Rather go till the muscles struggling.
30 rep deadlifts?

That's a no from me.
Reply 58
Original post by MathTeacher95
I will win British Novices next year then after that it'll be working on big boy weights. Enter some comps as an Open and go against heavy guys.

Im not sure what made him, his 500 pull or his WSM win 🤔. I think he would have stopped after his WSM win even if he hadn't pulled 500. But then he's known for that deadlift more than anything.

While im posting may aswell set my plan for tomorrow.

Deadlifts:
165 4*10
165*30 (2/3 off Max) allowing 5/10 seconds rest if im struggling to breath. Rather go till the muscles struggling.

Jeez that would be amazing
Deadlifts
165 4*10

165*22 @7 (Went so dizzy after 18th rep. Was not a fun set)

Quick Reply

Latest